Door lock assembly

Accordx

Reaction score
Hey everyone
I'm in the process of stripping down a passenger door that I picked up from the local yard to replace my current panel (huge scrape and stuff from the previous owner). I'm replacing most of the parts in it from my current door (like the actuator/window etc.). I've got everything out except for the door lock assembly, I'd like to replace it with mine (obviously don't want 2 different locks). Been trying to get it out, I assume there's some sort of release pin but I can't seem to find one. Wiring is also going to be a pain but do-able. But does anyone know how to pop the assembly out so I don't break my actual assembly when it's time to swap the doors? Thanks

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Hey everyone
I'm in the process of stripping down a passenger door that I picked up from the local yard to replace my current panel (huge scrape and stuff from the previous owner). I'm replacing most of the parts in it from my current door (like the actuator/window etc.). I've got everything out except for the door lock assembly, I'd like to replace it with mine (obviously don't want 2 different locks). Been trying to get it out, I assume there's some sort of release pin but I can't seem to find one. Wiring is also going to be a pain but do-able. But does anyone know how to pop the assembly out so I don't break my actual assembly when it's time to swap the doors? Thanks

Are you meaning the door handle part? Or the actual door latch assembly? Just asking, as the handle has the key, while the latch actually locks the door.

Either way, I believe both are held in place with M6 screws, and just require holding your tongue right to get them to slip out.

Accordx

Reaction score
Figured I'd revisit this since I finally got some time to work on the door. There was a metal clip holding the lock cylinder in place but it was hidden by a metal piece. Had to wedge a screwdriver to lift the metal piece and then you can release the lock cylinder by pulling out the little clip. One step closer to a nicer door! Just need a full day to do the swap once I clean it up. Got some other things planned for the CG (engine bay and some tiny exterior things) so I might just have to figure out the whole photo hosting thing once I get a laptop (since I've been mainly using my phone) and finally start a ride thread

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Thanks for updating, the last time I replaced a door lock actuator I was looking at that and wondering how it comes out.

Accordx

Reaction score
^Thanks for updating, the last time I replaced a door lock actuator I was looking at that and wondering how it comes out.

Sure thing, it's definitely a pain. The door lock actuators screws are in such an annoying spot too, they definitely weren't planning on anyone popping the coupe doors open in a garage when they designed them.

Back