Stiff Spring rate (V6 guys)

J30MAN

Reaction score
Hey 6thGen it's been a while!

Who is running custom spring rates on their coil overs?

I'm currently running 8k F/ 6k R. And HATE the soft ride. Dips on highways the front end of my car dips right down as is if I was on stock springs.

I was thinking of running a 14k F/ 10k R. I understand my FF Type 1's are not made to run such a stiff spring rate but I really don't care at this point. I'll replace blown struts when the time comes.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Hey Pep. Part of the problem will be that the Type 1's can't adjust damping to work better with the higher spring rates. With an "oversprung" setup, you won't bottom out as badly, but you may get quite a bit of oscillation. I wouldn't hesitate going 12f/8r. Maybe talk to Kevin (the other one, lol) - I feel like he had Type 2's with 14f/10r or something high like that.

Good luck buddy, car looks great!

J30MAN

Reaction score
Hey Pep. Part of the problem will be that the Type 1's can't adjust damping to work better with the higher spring rates. With an "oversprung" setup, you won't bottom out as badly, but you may get quite a bit of oscillation. I wouldn't hesitate going 12f/8r. Maybe talk to Kevin (the other one, lol) - I feel like he had Type 2's with 14f/10r or something high like that.

Good luck buddy, car looks great!

Hopefully he'll chime in here lol. Thanks Kevin, miss you and the whole CanAm crew!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
J-Peezy,

Was wondering where you've been hiding. Did you get that GS yet?

You may also want to talk to Darius, because he was running or was planning to run a similar 14/10 setup like Kevin.

Not to mention Darius is on here more often, these days.

J30MAN

Reaction score
J-Peezy,

Was wondering where you've been hiding. Did you get that GS yet?

You may also want to talk to Darius, because he was running or was planning to run a similar 14/10 setup like Kevin.

Not to mention Darius is on here more often, these days.

No Lexus yet Derek! Planning for a new car next summer definitely.

And last I knew Darius bought 18k for his front. I'd really like to know how that rides especially of the light front end of the 4cyl.

Back