Help!!! Engine Sucking Up Oil

ditbu13oi

Reaction score
So my check engine light went on the pass few days and then the oil light pressure light went on. I opened up the engine and checked the oil to find out that my accord sucked up 4 quarts of oil. Explanation anyone?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
that is nuts....and you didn't notice it on the ground???....or if it was burning it...white smoke coming out the exhaust???

shavedaccord

Reaction score
It's either leaking or burning it...better hope it's neither to be honest lol..look for the stupid mistakes first..loose oil filter, loose/missing drain plug..If it's burning oil your in deep doodoo. Leaking could be as simple as an oil pan gasket or as bad as a cracked pan/block

TriNiCorD99

Reaction score
thats funny cuz my car doing the same thing but i was about 2 quarts short today.....hadnt checked it since the last time i changed oil about 2 months ago......had my friend, who is a mechanic, check it out and he said that it def wasnt leaking and i dont ever see any smoke from it soooo beats me!!!!

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
Try changing the PCV valve. It can sometimes cause an unexplained oil loss. However i seriously doubt it could be responsible for that much oil to be lost. But since it only costs about $3 and it is a genteral maintenance item anyway, you might as well give it a shot.

nexTOme

Reaction score
lucky how now damage was done to engine.......
but geeesh...4qt? that is alot....cant think of n e way for this to happen unless leaking or something....hmmmm

Back