SRS Light

J30MAN

Reaction score
I understand there is already a trouble shoot thread on this topic. But I am wondering if any type of Inspection Shop scanning devices are able to pick up if the SRS Light is on.

If not then I was going to pull the bulb in my dash. Or try the trick used in the other SRS Light thread to turn the light off.

*I removed all of my seats about a year and a half ago and the light has been on since. Im assuming because our front seats have airbags in them and I must have uncalibrated something.

Thanks Guys :beer:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I would recommend trying to fix it. I think when the SRS light is on, the system is disabled and will not activate in a collision. That’s how the ABS works anyway.

There is a thread somewhere that tells you how to clear it, you could try that and see if it comes back on. If the light came on right after you hooked your interior back up again, and if you clear it and it doesn’t come back on…you should be good to go.

J30MAN

Reaction score
I would recommend trying to fix it. I think when the SRS light is on, the system is disabled and will not activate in a collision. That’s how the ABS works anyway.

There is a thread somewhere that tells you how to clear it, you could try that and see if it comes back on. If the light came on right after you hooked your interior back up again, and if you clear it and it doesn’t come back on…you should be good to go.

Alright I'll try to clear it first.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
I had mine cleared then It came back on while I was driving home. Would I need to take my car to Honda? and if so will they fix it for free since its a safety hazard?

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
I have a spare metra wire that I bought when I cleared my SRS light. Hit me up with a PM. If you haven't already got this solved I'll send it to you free of charge.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I had mine cleared then It came back on while I was driving home. Would I need to take my car to Honda? and if so will they fix it for free since its a safety hazard?

They might clear it for free, but if anything needs fixed it will cost you.

scrapnav6

Reaction score
Idk what the other srs light thread is about but i got a call from honda of america the other day telling me there is a recall on the driver side air bag and that is why the light is on. Tgey said i would need to go to a honda dealer to get it replaced b/c it will not work if i get into an accident. I drive a 02' ex v6 if that matters to anyone.

dtraill27

Reaction score
I had a horrible time with the SRS light in my 02 coupe. It came on once a month for almost a year. Car had approx 120k when it started and my last trip in was around 145k. My dealership was cool and worked on it for free every time just took up my time waiting for it. Mine was a bad OPDS (Occupant Position Detection Sensor) every time. They always did something to clear it and then they finally replaced parts in the passenger seat and that was the end of it

Back