Tire Recommendation

J30MAN

Reaction score
Alright guys its time to get ready for winter up here in New England. Along with going back to stock suspension I am in the market for a good all-season tire or winter tire to mount onto my stock wheels.

I have a few tires I am looking at. If you guys have any others that you'd like to recommend I'd really appreciate it.

*Keep in mind I'd like to spend no more than $400 for all 4 tires shipped*

Kumho KH17
- $313 shipped

product_photos-xlarge_image-9422-331x.jpg

Goodyear Integrity - $315 shipped

product_photos-xlarge_image-9478-331x.jpg

General Altimax Arctic - $316-361.20 (depending on if I can pick them up from the distribution center)

ge_altimax_arctic_ci2_l.jpg

Firestone Winterforce - $340-385.20 (depending on if I can pick them up from the distribution center)

fs_winterforce_ci2_l.jpg

Continental ExtremeWinterContact - $380-425.20 (depending on if I can pick them up from the distribution center)

co_extrmwincont_ci2_l.jpg

My thoughts so far are for the small price difference I should just buy the Firestones. My buddy and his father both have a set mounted on steelies for winter and LOVE them. But I still want to make this thread to see if you guys would choose a different tire based on your own opinion.

Thanks in advance guys!

:coffee:

J30MAN

Reaction score
But I do think it would be pretty baller if I bought the Continental's. Considering I have Continental ExtremeContact DWS's on my 18's. lol

co_extrmwincont_ci2_l.jpg

co_xtrcontactdws_ci2_l.jpg

001Stunna

Reaction score
General Altimax Arctic in my opinion no questions asked.
I've been using mine for the past 3 winter seasons and will be putting them back on for a 4th. I can honestly say I LOVE THEM.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I'm guessing you have owned a set in the past?

edit: how are they on road noise/comfort? Thats HUGE with me lately.

I have mine in 195/65/15(on stock steelies) so they're as comfortable as they get in my opinion. Road noise wise i would say "nothing at all" as to me they're damn quiet.

Take a look at the Hankook W409 Winter i-Pike as well if you want. Same tread design and also a great tire.

scrapnav6

Reaction score
Goodyear assurance is a good tire, they make different versions also. I had the thriple tread and they lasted me about 50,xxx. About half the time the car was slammed on its face with these tires.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i'm a pretty firm believer in hankook. id get their winter tires, but i get around just fine all winter on their all seasons, so i don't see the need for the extra money to be spent, haha. i'd totally rock the studs if i got them though :lawl:

eggs

Reaction score
Pepper buy blizzaks for your stock wheels

Andy I have been using snow tires for the past year and half on te cavalier.. Snow tires are all seasons

001Stunna

Reaction score
All seasons and snow tires are night and day.
I used to use "all season" before and switching to dedicated snow tires makes a night and day difference when you have to be the first one to plow through snow/ice at 5am in the morning.
Blizzaks are good but you can get good snow tires for much less

Depending on how weather is where one lives...getting a dedicated summer/winter tires can end up being quite worth it.

Last edited:
Back