Loose Headlight Bulbs

Bax

Reaction score
This is a good idea, but what if you don't have extra o rings?

I had this same problem a while back when I had hids in stock headlights, and I just twisted the bulb opposite the way it twists into the headlight, so the wires would be pulling it tightly in the headlight where it twists in..... like say it inserts into the headlight twisting to the right, so I twisted the bulb a lot to the left so the wires were trying to pull it back to the right, holding it there just enough to not move.

I didn't do it enough to hurt the wires, but I'd do this extra o ring if I could instead of twisting any wires.

001Stunna

Reaction score
This is a good idea, but what if you don't have extra o rings?

I had this same problem a while back when I had hids in stock headlights, and I just twisted the bulb opposite the way it twists into the headlight, so the wires would be pulling it tightly in the headlight where it twists in..... like say it inserts into the headlight twisting to the right, so I twisted the bulb a lot to the left so the wires were trying to pull it back to the right, holding it there just enough to not move.

I didn't do it enough to hurt the wires, but I'd do this extra o ring if I could instead of twisting any wires.

Use the orings from your stock halogen bulbs you gotta have somewhere when you converted to HID. Or head to the parts store and take the orings of some bulbs lol

That said, sometimes you do not need extra orings...just move the one oring so its around the most outer base where it meets the headlight bucket.

Bax

Reaction score
a nicer solution would be to just put your hid bulbs into a projector where they're supposed to be in the first place ;) lol

Back