Hello world

eatfoozles

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new here and will be purchasing a 2000 EX Sedan M/T from a private seller later today. It has 222k miles, and is pretty much a stock vehicle (OEM replacements for anything that needed to be replaced). I am excited to be working on the car and building something that I can feel accomplished about.

A little info about me - I have actually never worked on a car before. In the past 5 years I've discovered the joy of building and customizing stuff for myself (it began with learning to build computers and then moving on to linux systems and then building a bunch of home servers and then software builds/development).

Last year, I started to get more interested in cars and have spent the past year reading, watching videos, and studying whatever I could. I like knowing how things work, especially something that I use everyday. I was looking to get a project started sooner, but last year I got married in September, bought a house in October, and then found out that my wife was pregnant in November! It's been pretty busy, but now I am on parental leave and I have been doing nothing but watching a ton of youtube videos while taking care of the baby.

The videos only fueled my desire to start building to get hands on experience so I started looking again and have finally found a vehicle. Currently I daily a 2015 Kia Forte, and I got it because it was the cheapest new car that I could find. The 6th gen accord will be my first project car, my first used-car, and my first attempt at learning to drive M/T for myself.

I hope to make this car fun to drive, and well-kept to a point where I can pass it down to my children 16 years from now. I look forward to learning from you all and hope to be able to contribute something for new learners as well

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

Lots of good info has been posted here over the years. Not too many peeps are around anymore, but some will chime in if you need help.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the baby! Hope it's yours... ;)

If you've done a lot of research then I don't need to tell you the 6thgen Accord aftermarket is extremely limited, especially now. Shame since it was such a great car. I have owned mine since 2007 and I still love driving it.

Enjoy the site, search for what you want to know then ask if you can't find it.

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

I have pretty much the exact same car, down to the mileage and all, but a '98. Not a bad car to cut your teeth on and begin to wrench on cars with.

Back