Wheel Fitment Thread

derpson

Reaction score
Ok so I ran through this thread from both ends. I never got to the middle. Here is the situation. I have 18x9 +30 should be here this week. I need to order some tires. From my research, which is using some of the same resources I have seen listed in previous posts. I am thinking that I will probably want a 225/40?
Fenders already rolled and slightly flared. Bumper tabs stock. Full coils.
Thoughts????

truWarier02

Reaction score
Ok so I ran through this thread from both ends. I never got to the middle. Here is the situation. I have 18x9 +30 should be here this week. I need to order some tires. From my research, which is using some of the same resources I have seen listed in previous posts. I am thinking that I will probably want a 225/40?
Fenders already rolled and slightly flared. Bumper tabs stock. Full coils.
Thoughts????

225/40 shouldn't be a problem. Any pics of the pull? You'll need to relocate your rear bumper tabs though. Other than that, you're good to go.

derpson

Reaction score
225/40 shouldn't be a problem. Any pics of the pull? You'll need to relocate your rear bumper tabs though. Other than that, you're good to go.

Nope no pics yet. I was just getting our new roller broke in, and decided to use the Accord. I had some surface rust on the lip so It's kinda wavy on one side. I'd say it only ended up flaring the quarter out about 1/4 to 1/5''. Damn I was hoping to not relocate the tabs. Oh well one more thing to add to the list. Thank you much.

99accord boi

Reaction score
yea u should relocate tabs before u flare fenders because that tab will be the first thing to rub ALWAYS i had hella sunk 17x7 +40 and the tab would rub and my fenders werent rolled

Rsuave24

Reaction score
Yeah I'm running 18x9.5's and I had to basically roll, pull and shave off some of interior edge of the rear bumper and I removed the tab.

derpson

Reaction score
Get 215s for a nice safe stretch and less rubbing

I assume you mean 215/40? We did a 215/35 on a friends A6 for a DD application and it basically destroyed the tire within a thousand miles. He was running Falcons. The inner sidewall disintegrated, outer bubbled. I think that was a 8.5'' wheel or an 8. Not sure. They made some nice oil pan protectors for storing engines on the shop floor though :p

Back