Hid illusionz group buy on retrofits

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Yeah I am needing to just get a newer version of mine. I am fed up with the ****ty quality from a retrofit made by a friend haha. So your having a quad setup with some leds? Is your car almost done?

I can't decide if I will get anything custom. I always loved the cathode angel eyes but I am not sure if it would be mistaken for just cheap ebay halo lights..wonder how long it would take if I sent him everything and didn't want anything custom

Yeah, I'm having a quad setup (TL projectors with ZKW lenses in low beam area, ap1 S2000 projectors with e30 lenses in high beam area) with the 4-chip bright white LEDs across the lower strips (not just half of the lower strips). Car is...almost done, but I've been saying that for about 6-7-8-9-10 months. It really is almost done though, it's amazing how much work can be put into prep stage at a body shop. It'll pay off in the end though.

If you sent him everything and didn't want anything custom, Rich could more than likely have it done within a few days. I did that with my first retro (sent him all of the materials), and he had them done in a weekend. The shipping both ways took longer than the actual retro build.

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
My goodness that is going to be a sick retrofit! You def will not have problems seeing the road haha...I don't even want to know how much money will be invested in it, just hearing quad projectors that include S2000 and TL causes dollar signs to go threw my head haha

Everybody always talks about wanting a retrofit...figured there would be more interest...not sure how big of a deal the group buy is, but it is money saved

dynasty

Reaction score
i don't know. sounds like a scam to me. blogspot.com website and not an official one?

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Rich is legit his site will be updated to a new format soon, he had the blog before the Ver.1 of hidillusionz.com went and up and he's been a very close friend of mine so no worries.

C_S_L

Reaction score
Bumping this up to let you guys know that tomorrow is the last day to put in for the Accord Group buy. There's so far only 4 people on the list, I doubt it will go through. The dateline is tonight at 2359 or 11:59pm EST 10-20-09. $50 bucks non-refundable depost to get on. The price seems very fair. If your looking to get a retrofit, get it now at this price.

http://hidillusionz.com/html/honda_accord_group_buy.html

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Agreed, even if you just put down the deposit you still have a month to send the headlights & come up with the funds for the project. I doubt Rich will do this again anytime soon so take advantage of it.

Back