how to find out if I have a stock keyless entry

einworb35

Reaction score
hi very very new to this forums. did a search and found nothing.

I just bought a 2001 coupe i-4 EX. all it came with was 1 key no remotes

I was just wondering if theres a way to see if my car has the stock keyless entry system without first having to buy the remotes to see if they work.

when i lock the car i see the red blinking light next to the lock on the door, but im not sure if my car has the ability to work with remotes

thanks

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
EX models come with keyless...you just need a remote and program it and youre good...

Mufasa

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, because when I bought my 2000 v6 sedan, the key came with a viper lock and unlock remote, but for some reason it wont work. How would i be able to program it?

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, because when I bought my 2000 v6 sedan, the key came with a viper lock and unlock remote, but for some reason it wont work. How would i be able to program it?

when you buy the remote they should have some detail directions on how to program it not to hard if you know how to follow directions

Mufasa

Reaction score
when you buy the remote they should have some detail directions on how to program it not to hard if you know how to follow directions

Sadly, there was no detail directions, just a key, attached to the remote. Ill try to look online for those directions.

dynasty

Reaction score

that is a Viper brand keyless entry. not OEM. BUT if your car is an EX, then you can still use your original OEM alarm if you have the remote and it is programmed to your car. which you need to bring it to the dealership to get it programmed. i believe you can order the remote online on ebay and bring it to the dealership to get it programmed but i heard it cost $100 just to program it. -__-

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
nope, you can program it in your driveway.

the procedure is the same for odysseys, preludes, cr-vs, and a couple models that share the same remote. the remote i got from ebay came with printed instructions and theyre also on the net.

TheHunter

Reaction score
well it IS a keyless entry, so whatever you do, don't unlock it by hand from the outside haha

QFT... my god my keyless wasn't working... and I unlocked it by hand. BAD IDEA. That crap never stops going off. At least I feel safer if someone tries to steal my car.

Back