car wont start,AEM EMS installed

akoutmos

Reaction score
^ Thanks bud. I try to help out where i can :p. One of these days i should make a video/thread series on here on how to tune on AEM. The ideas would be applicable to any other platform, minus the details of getting things done in the individual programs. What do you guys think? Sticky worthy??

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Not only sticky-worthy, but Throne-Worthy. Dude, I would love your help when tuning my car when it gets to that point, either over phone or I can make a trip to where you are! I know we've talked about this before :).

akoutmos

Reaction score
lol thanks bud. As soon as i'm done with school for the year maybe i'll get back to what's important....cars :D. And if you wanna swing by over the summer you are more than welcome to my friend. My casa is your casa :p

MoneyPit

Reaction score
I'll get to converting the tune for ya. Honestly, after lookin at the tune the guy gave you, i would not take my car back for him to finish the job. Too many F-ups in there to trust the guy. I've seen maps like this before, and they are usually the result of someone claiming they know AEM and don't.

Either way i'll convert the calibration so that it works on AEM V2 ECU.

I tuned Chorilored's car over the phone with him, and i haven't heard any complaints or anything from him in 3 months. I could lend you a helping hand and tune the car over the phone with you if you would like.

Good stuff here, you're an asset to the community!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
AEMtuner was actually able to open my Version1 file..so does that mean I could upload that to the EMS?

how would I go about doing so...connect ECU...then somehow send file to ECU

Edit;once ECU is connected it will not allow me to use my 1.19b map..it needs to be converted.so awaiting that from Alex!

BUT good news is it fixed my issue,my fuel pump primes once key is turnd ON.so once I get a map for the car itl fire right up! in theory

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Explore the menus in your software (AEM Tuner) it should have an option to sync/upload file to ECU. Or just go to the AEM website and download the manual if it didn't come with your fresh ECU already. Look through that, the answer is there.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ECU connects instantly when I get connect! so NICE..my other one must be burnt on serial port or something.

akoutmos

Reaction score
Yea the map won't upload as is. You need to convert it to a format that works on the version 2. They changed around a couple of the tables from version 1 to 2 and some of the tables don't exist anymore....so you need to convert.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Very nice..car attempted to crank but didnt. so im so excited to see if this works and get back to where I was!

Back