New Accord owner, longtime car guy

kriegerehre

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

just as the title stated, not new to cars have had my share of performance as well as hondas. Just happened to be new to accords, due to fate and just restarting my life from scratch i made some sacrifices to better my life and decided to find something mod friendly yet more economical.

I've had my share of performance cars, i've had a lt1 camaro, lt1 formula, ls1 fully built formula, a 2011 mustang gt 5.0, 1991 honda civic EF DX, 2013 mitusbushi evo X (the car i miss the most and wish i didn't have to sell.)

But basically, I have two cars now as i've sold all of those. I own a 1991 honda DX (different from the one i listed) that has been a part of my life since high school. then this 2002 Honda accord SE 5-speed f23. I acquired from profits of the sell of my previous vehicle.

(for those of you who are curious i used the rest of the money to go back to school.)

Right now, I don't have major plans other than simple maintenance and aesthetic things like replacing rusty bolts in the engine back cleaning up worn out looking parts ect. once i'm done with the rest of my schooling this next year and a half i plan to transition into the build phase. I will be doing an f20b swap after i finish suspension (i'm not going to make this a ricer mod, manifold, heat shield, factory box. I don't really do stance but i like low and sporty. five lug conversion and some rpf1s are a must.

I've already been lurking your forums for the past few weeks so i know how to use the search engine. Just figured i'd finally join and introduce myself.

I would post some photos of the car, but links and 7 day restriction blah blah blah. I'll just make a members rides thing later.

Thanks!

- Nick

oh i forgot to mention, this is a Canadian accord i live in texas kilometers = awesome.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Congrats on the decision to go back to school, best of luck with it.

So your 6GA is a Canadian model? Who imported it?

kriegerehre

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Congrats on the decision to go back to school, best of luck with it.

So your 6GA is a Canadian model? Who imported it?

the original owner, car fax say it has three owners saying the original owner was the dealership who used it as a demo car (who had it titled under the dealership name) then the second (but original owner) purchased the car and then roughly in 2010 it was re-titled in Connecticut under the original owners name (car fax states that's the third owner) but the title itself lists only the dealership and the original owner.

the car has 220k on the dash and it's a very clean car. Black, with cloth interior five speed and wood grain inserts.

it has the DRL problem that I read up about. I pulled the module and tried repairing it. I believe the original owner did the same as the circuits looked previously re-soldered. for now until i decide i want to spend 40-50 dollars on a rebuilt module i just pulled the fuse under the dash and the normal driving lights work all the same. Passed Texas inspection and drives like a dream!

twofast4u

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA! You'll find lots of good info here. And maybe if i go to the wreckers this summer, I'll try to remember to pick up a DRL module for you if you want.

kriegerehre

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA! You'll find lots of good info here. And maybe if i go to the wreckers this summer, I'll try to remember to pick up a DRL module for you if you want.

Oh man, if you did that I would be ecstatic when I first purchased the car I'll be honest I thought it was a thing that all Honda accords had and didn't realize until I got home and did a little reading it was a Canadian car specific. I've got mixed emotions now as it did help me haggle the price of the cars final total! But, finding one that wasn't oem new for 150-200 bucks was difficult.

Thanks!

kriegerehre

Reaction score
thanks gentlemen! I love me some heated seats and the ones in this car work flawlessly during these cold texas nights (side note, it isn't cold in texas right now i just love heated seats.)

Back