Frankenstein bumper (SiR-T into 2 OEMs with a lip)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Vimal, already posted on your thread on V6P, but seeing this type of work still being done to the 6G is really impressive.

Glad there are still some people that are still inspired to keeping the 6G looking fresh.

Great work!

:waytogo:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The man, back at it! Nice to see some 6GA innovation still happening. Have you thought about cutting out the center bottom area of the SiR bumper, so the vertical supports flow right into where the lip dips down across the middle at either end? Basically eliminating that narrow slit just above the lip and having just one big center opening. Not sure if that's possible though.

Whatever happened to the jewel eye retrofit?

Last edited:

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Its still sitting in my closet, just another one of the things that i had a vision for but it along with all of visions where benched when i lost motivation to finish, but ive since reignited the fire i had before, so look for all those projects to pop up again, one at a time. I tried starting everything at once before and it overwhelmed me, now its just one monster project at a time. After this bumper, ill likely tackle the audio again, then air ride, then lights maybe. We'll see. Goal is to finish it all by years end so i can go full force in 2017.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
The man, back at it! Nice to see some 6GA innovation still happening. Have you thought about cutting out the center bottom area of the SiR bumper, so the vertical supports flow right into where the lip dips down across the middle at either end? Basically eliminating that narrow slit just above the lip and having just one big center opening. Not sure if that's possible though.

Whatever happened to the jewel eye retrofit?

I did think about it, did a little doodling on my phone

I actually kind of like the added bar in the middle, adds more to the bumper, last thing i want is for the bumper to end up too simple. I intially liked the look of the euro r style with the bigger, more open, lower grill but i guess i changed my mind.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I would say stick with leaving the bars in the Euro bumper.

Too much of a huge opening with no bars in there.

Even if you go so far as to paint them black, that should make them look a little more stealth. Assuming they aren't already black.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I was talking about the white cross section of the SiR bumper that creates that narrow slit between it and the top of the lip, but yeah I guess if you removed that the bumper "grill" might have to go too...unless you could extend the vertical bars somehow so they went all the way down to the lip ("weld" in more plastic?). That might be more trouble than it's worth, and the lip would probably have to be molded onto the bumper at that point. I just thought it was cool how the white inner slants that enclose the foglight holes just so happen to meet up with the lip right where it dips down at both ends. Or at least it looks like they do, which flows nicely. I would want to keep the bumper "grill" there, or the bars as you guys call them for sure.

Quick photoshop but might better explain what I was getting at.

20160825_000315_zpsrcbert2i_a.jpg

Can't go wrong either way though. :)

Last edited:
Back