Anyone know were the Main Relay is supposed to mount?

luciusad2004

Reaction score
I had a plug hanging down from under my dash and when i pulled off the object attached to it, it said it was the main relay.

Does anyone know were this is supposed to bolt? Mine is just sort of hanging above the clutch pedal. It's not really that in the way but sometimes my foot bumps it and I feel like it should probably be mounted to something.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I think one of the main relay threads has photos of it mounted up under the dash. Either search for that or just look up under there and look for unused holding clips, etc.

luciusad2004

Reaction score
Found one thread but the picture links were broken. Sounds like it should be near the steering column though so I should be able to find it.

I did find a lot of threads about a relay problem that causes hard starting though. Now I'm curious if the relay is related to my starting issues as they seem to get worse when it gets hot.

If My Relay clicks 3 times and my fuel pump turns on for 2 seconds, is it likely fine? I have one of the Mitsuba Relays which from what i read should have been one of the newer replacement relays. It is harder to start in hot weather but as I said the fuel pump is definitely turning.

Back