Car Stereo Overhaul

lordofgroove

Reaction score
Hello all, first time post.

I'm going for an all Pioneer setup. I've already got my head unit in but i'm getting ready to install 6.5 2 ways up front,6x9 4 ways in the back and a 10 inch sub in the trunk, all pioneer(including Head Unit). I've got access to a 5 channel power amp so i'm toying with the idea of powering ALL speakers and sub from the amp. Not sure if the results will be worth the added effort of running new wires from the amp to all of the speaker locations VS. just using the head unit to power the 4 speakers and use another amp I have to power the sub.

Any thoughts?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
dedicated amp > integrated amp

i wouldnt bother with the rear speakers, especially "4 ways". the fewer speakers the better...

waccord99

Reaction score
yea pick up that 5 channel it will sound 10xs better........i also have a all pioneer setup speaker and headunit wise...there subs dont hit hard enough for me....(kicker) and a RF amp........good luck with the install

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
pioneer subs and amps are kind of weak. that said, amping what you have should improve the sound

lashlee

Reaction score
Anything is better than stock!!! If you can, and I recommend it, get the amp and use it to power all the speakers. I'm with ryan, the fewer speakers the better, as long as you have a mid and tweet, put one at the four corners. Besides, starting with pioneer will give him a chance to start at the bottom, and get better with upgrades!!

lordofgroove

Reaction score
The guy i bought the car from threw in a box with 2 10inch pioneer subs and a cheap looking power amp. I'm gonna use one of those subs and if it sucks i'll eventually upgrade. Not gonna use that 2 sub setup though, takes up too much trunk space, gotta have room for my drums. I'll probably take the extra time and do it right by running all speakers and the sub from the dedicated power amp. I know it will be worth it in the long run. My dad and I did installed a stereo system in his Honda Passport and we used a 5 channel power amp/sub kit from walmart to power the included sub and after market speakers we installed and the sound quality was EXCELLENT and thats not even using high end gear.

fat4draccord

Reaction score
I went from stock to my mixed&matched setup which is:
3-way pioneer 6 1/2s in the front, Sony headunit (bad choice by me), 3-way pioneer 6X9s in the back and two Memphis 10s in a superbass probox (ported) in the trunk.

even that bastard setup is better than stock.

paypalbid

Reaction score
4 way in the back is overkill, you not gonna hear any difference. 3 way at the most in the back.

Back