carbon fiber hood... fake??

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
well guys, i just wanted your opinion on something. Idk if you have heard but you can buy vinyl that looks like carbon fiber. And very few of you (perhaps none) have seen my car in previous threads, but it as plain as day that my hood is dying.
-My hood is badly sun damaged, and im tired of seeing her in this sorry condition. So i was thinking about buying some cF vinyl of ebay and laying it over the hood.
-I know this is rice, but i unfortunately can't afford a real Cf hood at the moment. But i am a stickler for perfection and my slight OCD would ensure that i wouldn't halfass this.

-so should i do it, its still cheaper than getting it painted.

heres a pic of my babe in her beaten state
accord3.jpg

yes i do have a front H, and this was before my fogs

purplehaze

Reaction score
im planning to do this too for my sundamaged roof
but i wanna use black vinyl, not cf vinyl

only thing im worried about is that since the sundamage is an imperfection in the paint, the vinyl might not adhere as well.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
i don't think its that much of a deal, i mean the indentation is practically non existent. Yes you can feel it, but with vinyl over it shouldn't be noticeable.

is it just me or did the 6th gens get really crap paint the years of production or what??

btw purplehaze noticed your 626, me too lols

purplehaze

Reaction score
yeah, hopefully its no big deal

im gonna get it done either by the guys at www.downshiftgraphics.com

or call this number some guy at californiatint gave to me. ive been lazy to call to check this place's prices though lol

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
i was gonna DIY it, the hood seems easy and its fairly flat, now if it was a trunk i would get it done professionally. but i've done vinyl on cars before, just takes a lot of patience and a few hours interrupted, that and some cold ones would hurt (although i don't drink :)

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Just get the black vinyl overlay. My preference is no fake C/F vinyl.

Back