Need shocks to go with Ksport lowering springs

dwills1992

Reaction score
Hello All,

Originally I was gonna purchase coilovers. but ddnt want to spend alot to drop in my car after thinking about it. So Instead I Ordered a pair of ksport lowering springs that will drop 2.25rear and 2.5 front. I was wondering how long do you think they would last or fair with the stock strut and shock assembly? Also what brand or kit would accompany these springs best? As Im hoping to buy them either this check or the next which would be max two weeks from now. I would think it best to leave the springs uninstalled until I get new shocks to accompany them.

Thanks!

truWarier02

Reaction score
I would have saved for full-body coilovers personally but since you already ordered the lowering springs, match them with either Koni "Yellows," Tokico Illuminas, or KYB AGX. The aforementioned are made for performance and are lowering spring-friendly.

Unfortunately, these shock/spring setups will run you close to coilover-money, if not more.

dwills1992

Reaction score
Yea i realized that, canceled my order. imma have to just be patient and shop around somemore..

WizadOfOz

Reaction score
The reason I went with Koni Sport and Ksport GT was because they give you the lowest drop when paired with an adjustable shock body and besides the Koni Spring Sale you have lifetime warranty on them. It is a great value when compared to F&F and other coilovers for which you are paying anywhere from $600-$1500 and they only provide a one year warranty for their whole body coilovers. If you care I ended up paying $700 for all four koni sports and gt springs new.

rich-bztrap

Reaction score
I also have the Ksport GT lowering springs and i matched them with Koni Str.t which is oem replacement (bad idea) I was just wondering, is your car like raked? because mine is SLAMMED in the front and has like a 1.5 inch gap in the back its rediculos, Just wondering how yours sits

98CG5

Reaction score
Hey rich-bztrap, Do you have 4cyl or V6????

Edit: Nevermind, I see you're a 4 lug...

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oem, if workin, will keep for awhile.

Oem: 100k stock, 70k dropped
Cheap drop in: 30k stock, 30k+ dropped

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, adjustable is junk, all worked best at hardest, so how much was it helping spring?

Current = no adjustment...it works.

Back