[Updated 12/28] J32 Swap [Wiring]

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 1/29/15] J32 Swap [Maintenance]

You guys with your j32 and 6 speed manual swaps are making me jealous. I might just have to pick up a v6 with a bad tranny for cheap...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Eh it's not all it's cracked up to be. :lawl:

Would your dad help get it done? You guys seem to know what you're doing.

Jordan_H

Reaction score

^Eh it's not all it's cracked up to be. :lawl:

Would your dad help get it done? You guys seem to know what you're doing.

I'm not sure if he'd help. Probably just complain about how much room it's taking up :lawl:

My parents have a dodge magnum with the 5.7 liter HEMI in it and when I drive that around it makes me want a bigger motor. I stopped complaining about how slow my car was after I drove a v6 explorer haha

Varnell

Reaction score

Puzzle, I'll keep an eye out. I've already been scouting out for a back up transmission, just in case. At least you'll have plenty of people here to help you through the process if you hit any snags. I've actually been texting back and forth with a member as we're doing the swaps simultaneously.

Jordan, I understand the feeling. This project all started after a coworker let me dog his 2007(or 8) GTO 6spd. 150 hp feels like a Geo after driving a gutted 400hp beast. lol

Chris, you must be over the honeymoom phase. How many miles are you at now? You got the engine with around 40k?

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
[Updated 1/29/15] J32 Swap [Maintenance]

Puzzle, I'll keep an eye out. I've already been scouting out for a back up transmission, just in case. At least you'll have plenty of people here to help you through the process if you hit any snags. I've actually been texting back and forth with a member as we're doing the swaps simultaneously.

Jordan, I understand the feeling. This project all started after a coworker let me dog his 2007(or 8) GTO 6spd. 150 hp feels like a Geo after driving a gutted 400hp beast. lol

Chris, you must be over the honeymoom phase. How many miles are you at now? You got the engine with around 40k?

I found one with 45k on it, going to look at it soonish. If you are looking for a backup and are near Ohio, I found at least 5 V6 6MT part outs

Varnell

Reaction score

45k and 12 years old? That's awesome.

Thanks, my dad lives in Berea. I might have him pick one up for the next time I come up. Did the Accord 6spds have lsd? I never even looked into it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Kidding, the swap is the only mod that still brings a smile to my face on a daily basis. An otherwise civilized passenger car becomes something very unexpected, and that never gets old.

When they went in, the tranny had 30k miles & the motor had 38,500 miles. Trans currently has 85,375mi, motor has 85,875mi.

305S0L

Reaction score

Congratulations on the swap! Cant wait to see the finished product :party52:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score

Looks like things are coming along. I am planning on doing this when my auto dies. Ive been talking with Hmotorsports but its just so much money. Hopefully I can get the $ before my auto kills itself. Did you get everything from Hmotorsports that you need for the swap, other than maininence stuff before hand and spacers. What about the tranny mount from the CL-S?

EDIT: Hmotorsports is about the same price as buying a complete CL-S on craigslist. Which might be an option too. Just a little more work.

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score

Congratulations on the swap! Cant wait to see the finished product :party52:

Thanks, I can't wait either! It's coming along slowly. Engineering classes are in full swing again.

spacemonkee23 said:
Looks like things are coming along. I am planning on doing this when my auto dies. Ive been talking with Hmotorsports but its just so much money. Hopefully I can get the $ before my auto kills itself. Did you get everything from Hmotorsports that you need for the swap, other than maininence stuff before hand and spacers. What about the tranny mount from the CL-S?

EDIT: Hmotorsports is about the same price as buying a complete CL-S on craigslist. Which might be an option too. Just a little more work.

Yea, Hmotors wanted $3600+shipping for the changeover. I tried for a few weeks to talk them down but they know exactly how rare these are, and that somebody will pay that much for them. When I found out the engine/tranny was sold I looked on car-part.com and found a changeover for $2650 shipped. I then scoured the internet for the cheapest prices. I bought only oem replacements, looking on different sites using the specific part numbers. I suppose I can post where I bought everything from and how much for each. I almost don't want to know how much I've spent at this point, though. lol

As for spacers, I'm going to diy hood spacers until I can get the J37 IM working. My tranny is falling out of my 5spd so I need to get this car registered and inspected asap. I'm using the Innovative 75a motor mounts that include the 6spd tranny mount and XS Power (imitation Comptech) that clears the 6spd mount.

Last I checked, CLS 6MT are still selling for around 7k with near 100k miles. Not sure about your area.

Back