ebay venom projector headlights

trillobite

Reaction score
So, many of you may know that I installed HID's into a projector housing so i can see the horribly worn-off painted lines on the road, without realizing that was a mistake (I learn everything the hard way). So, I was looking around for a full headlight assembly with projectors that could take an HID... and... not many options.

The only headlight assembly with a projector that looks half-way decent is this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171812123210

This issue is, I don't even think it contains a projector of good enough quality to take HID's, AND, ebay projectors tend to be hit-or-miss, AND this one has no reviews.

So here is my non-HID alternative:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/381536670380
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151382820556

Honestly, I seem prefer the non-hid alternative in some ways, as I can do a retrofit on them later, and it will look nicer than the ebay projector headlight. I just hope that the OSRAM bulbs would provide enough output.

The roads in my area are horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE! With my stock headlights I couldn't see the lines in the road past 10ft, and all the road reflectors broke off, and don't even exist on our highway anymore. So, I need an affordable fast solution, and currently, my HID's in a reflector housing are just a band-aid fix.

I might just go with the non-HID route, as it's $100, unless someone says my other option is worth the extra $50.

Edit:
Oups, probably should have posted this in one of the tech sections.

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Retrofit your oem lights and black them out you will be happy, eBay lights suck there is plenty of diy and a few video. I paid 120 shipped for my full kit that's Canadian price too. I have pleny of pics in my ride thread you can see.

trillobite

Reaction score
Retrofit your oem lights and black them out you will be happy, eBay lights suck there is plenty of diy and a few video. I paid 120 shipped for my full kit that's Canadian price too. I have pleny of pics in my ride thread you can see.

Thanks, after doing more research, I think you are correct. The biggest problem currently, is that I may still need to get new housings, as mine are chipped quite badly, even though the plastic still looks pretty clear. I will try to see if I can save them through sanding, polishing, and a clear-coat.

I was mostly looking for a "drop-in" solution, as I won't be able to have the time to do a retrofit over the next few months (crazy college teachers make me want to rip my hair out over their crazy assignments!).

I'll keep my eyes open for other options though

604ACCORD

Reaction score
Go to the wreckers find some oem lights (Stanley, got mine for like 40 bucks at pick and pull) and work on them when ever you have time even 5 mins a day. You can start to piece it all together slowly and build them when u have time. Its worth the wait trust me, a retrofitted head light looks way better than any drop in aftermarket light. IMO

Back