Its been a while (funny stories inside)

capsidx

Reaction score
So, Ive been away a while and not that anyone cares but I figured id share some things that happened these past few weeks. So I recently moved back from florida because I just hated it there. So I drove the accord with all my stuff from Florida to PA. I decided since I was back and there was an awesome junkyard I would start on the manual swap. So here goes, my story of why it took two months to do the swap. So I go to the wrecking yard to get the manual trans off a 6ga, found a donor car, great :). I grabbed the shifter assembly, clutch pedal reservoir etc. Go to break the hub nut free and break the breaker bar. So, I left and took what I could. I got my breaker bar replaced for free and went back the next day and wouldnt you know it, I broke it again. Came back the next day with my replacement breaker bar lol and finally broke it free! Got everything back to the garage and was ready to perform the swap. But... I broke my breaker bar again trying to get the hub nut off. Eventually we used a chisel and a sledge to get the SOB off. Let the swap begin! So I get it all together and the trans wont turn, binding clutch as I didnt have an alignment tool. Went to autozone to rent one and they wanted to charge me 800 dollars to rent it. Yes you read that correctly. So I opted to not get it lol. I took it off about 4 times until I ended up snapping one of the PP to flywheel bolts. Now I had to get a new flywheel because I wasnt extracting it. Got a new clutch too and it came with a little plastic alignment tool. So everything finally together. She wont start. Went through everything I could think of and it turns out the evap purge wasnt all the way on the manifold making some weird ground issue. I tightened the canister and guess what, fired right up. So the next day im all anxious right. Go in the garage, start it up without pushing in the clutch. SSSMMMMAAAAASSSHHH. She was in gear and went right through the garage door. I was panicking and flipping out. My hood was up and bent backwards shattering my windshield. Now I need a new hood and windshield and my shift cables are bent so I can only select gears 2,4 and reverse. So my garage door was aluminum and it was actually fairly easy to take down, bend back into shape and put up. Awesome :waytogo: . But the next day I get laid off from my job :/. So she sat for almost a month, Finally got everything in order, new windshield and then the final problem. The ignition wires that I crossed for the swap had the starter constantly engaged so I burned up my starter. So I made a switch to turn it on and off, and as icing on the cake my exhast broke right at the cat, so my car is loud AF. Anyways lol long winded but she drives great and im so pleased to be driving it again. So if anyone had a bad day at least you know someone out there is having the worst luck lol. Well, sorry for the ADHD, cheers guys and hello again!

604ACCORD

Reaction score
:henry::henry::henry::henry: I'm sorry but the part where you drove threw the door is just FUNNY AS F^(K LOL. I almost fell off my chair laughing. But on the good side I'm glad you got it running and it sounds like you had a ****ty few months, hopefully everything gets better for you.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
holy carp man I was laughing so hard when I read you drove it through the garage door!!

I'll admit I have taken out a brick wall and half of a garage door before.

capsidx

Reaction score
Thanks dudes lol. Yea they did suck but everything is good now. I thought people would get a laugh from the door part. Although, when it happened I swear I instantly got cancer, at least that's how it felt lol.

dawg316

Reaction score
Thats too funny haha. Think ur cars possessed or hates you

capsidx

Reaction score
@ dawg I've been thinking the same thing for years. @ blkcurrant I followed turbowas guid for the wiring aspect. Unless I did something wrong the starter was constantly engaged. Although there may have been something I missed, I prefer to have the switch there as an anti theft measure.

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
I did the mechanical aspect of the swap by knowledge but the wiring was the part that really didn't make sense lol. I ended up finding a wiring guide elsewhere which in a nutshell said there's no need to pin into the passenger side fuse box and simply bridge the vss out and in. That guide made the most sense. I wish someone would make a more concise swap how to so we people won't have to piece the information together from different places but that's just me.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
damn dude, you did go thru a lot of hell. But I admire your persistence thru all of that. Be proud of yourself.

Back