DH`s 2000 coupe

Brad2274

Reaction score
You're right but he could do it later no problem, it's so much easier with the tl dash, glove box is one piece and comes out so easy, no metal panel either so filter change takes barely 5 minutes instead of 40 lol

DH48

Reaction score
Yep. The CL/TL dash makes it really easy to do that. I might have to remove the AC radiator aswell. Will need to clean it as parking under pine trees has got it full of s... . Also having it removed will give me more room to relocate the ECU as the NSX one is much larger then the standard accord, TL/CL ecu.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
You're right but he could do it later no problem, it's so much easier with the tl dash, glove box is one piece and comes out so easy, no metal panel either so filter change takes barely 5 minutes instead of 40 lol
:gasp:

DH48

Reaction score
Just about ready to try and lift the old engine out. Did some measuring.

measured this point ( on the picture) on the C30a3.
PIC000551.jpg

The block is the same size as on the J30a1 from the center.
So here is a rough idea on how the C30a3 will sit.
IMG_20140131_150635.jpg

The mcgyver tape shows were the the marked place will be. So i got about a good 9 cm for the radiator and fans. Will need to order a two thin fans as the factory fans will not work at all.

Also the height... well actually it is good as it is lover then the same point on the J30a1. About 1 cm.
IMG_20140131_150652.jpg

Again the mcgyver tape is the height.

Just one axle will need to be removed and can lift the engine out. Have the chains ready.
PIC000555.jpg

And here is a comparison of the ECU-s (from left: J30a1, C30a3 and K24a3)
IMG_20140131_151234.jpg

IMG_20140131_151222.jpg

Also starting to think that i might actually buy a OBD2a to OBD1 adaptor and just use the J30a1 engine harness( with modifications ). It would make it much easyer as I will not have to start from nothing with the 95 honda legend wiring. Also might modifie the fuel rails of the J30a1 to work with the C30a3.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
NSX motor? I wanna see more. And why going with auto trans? Convert to manual!

DH48

Reaction score
NSX motor? I wanna see more. And why going with auto trans? Convert to manual!

So i am guessing you have not seen the other posts ? Yes nsx engine and i already have a twin clutch LSD nsx manual transmission ready that is going on with the engine.

DH48

Reaction score
Finally engine is out and can start to clean the engine bay. Only downside is that my vacation is over so back to work tomorrow. Will however try to get a few hours of work done after work.

If lucky then will be able to clean the engine bay by Thursday and then can hoist the NSX transmission into place. I need to get some idea on how it will sit as the J30/J32 has the transmission mount under the case but the NSX has it like all other D, K, H engine transmissions.

Found refurbished alternator and starter for the NSX for 170 euro + shipping 103 euro and tax so about 340 euro.

Will test fit the J30 engine harness on Tuesday. It if most of the sensor plugs work i will be ordering the OBD2a to OBD1 adapter. Will try to schedule one week off of work at the end of the month so can rent a 1ton engine crane as the one i have was struggling with the J30a1. It barely cleared the bay when i was lifting the engine.

When i get the transmission in place i will be able to get an idea on the axle length. Will have to combine dif. axles to get the best suited one for my build. Been reading NSX forums and found that might be able to use Honda/Acura Legend outer CV joints as the shaft spline count is the same on both NSX and Legend.

PIC000560.jpg

The DIY engine crane i used to lift the J30a1 out.
PIC000564.jpg

DH48

Reaction score
Am not suprised as the Legend was and is the flagship of honda and new technologi usually starts from there and then goes down to other models.
Not that the NSX is lower. Just the tech used came from the legend and thats why some parts might be the same. The ecu has even been known to be almost identical on the NSX and legend ( Dif map and fuel ofcorse)

I would still like to find some info on the Accord coupe V6 type-r that has been floating around on the internet for a long time. Do not know if it was a test-mule or a prototype that got scraped. Have not even seen picture just articals on what was used. The interesting part for me was a J engine with a NSX transmission on a CG frame.

DH48

Reaction score
Started working on the wiring conversion. So far managed to hook up the injectors, extend the intake temp. sensor and Vtec solenoid plugs. Still a lot to do but am able to keep the OBD2a wiring harness and will not have to rewire the all of the interior harnesses.
IMG_20140208_141929.jpg

Will however need to remove the automatic transmission wiring as i do not need that. Also the OBD2a to OBD1 ecu adaptor is on its way.

Also did a test fit with the transmission.
PIC000566.jpg

Strangely enough The mount on the front lines up anjd would be able to use two of the bolt holes. On the rear it is a nother thing. The NSX has a mount under the transmission and not on the engine like the J engines. Will have to cut one of the mountig points as it is hittig the frame.

2a58c51d-93f0-4f21-ba82-621fe544b634.jpg

Looking into renting a 1 ton engine crane. Might try to get the engine with the transmission in next weekend. The can start working on the mounts and the pain that will be the rear exhaust maifold and downpile.

Back