DH`s 2000 coupe

DH48

Reaction score
Sweet. Would love to see a write-up or description on the dash swap. Curious to see how the C30 swap goes as well.

You talked about having issues with your car not being a manual but wasn't the C30 made for the auto NSXs? Then didn't they put the C32B in the manuals..?

Maybe in the US it was only AT... no idea. This is C30a3 is for a manual NSX 270HP version of it. Dual clutch. But might have to skip that as its for a dual spline transmission and you can guess how many transmission does honda have with dual spline main shafts ..... only one and that`s the nsx transmission. I am better off making it work with a J32 or J35 transmission then finding the proper NSX. If you only knew how much ppl are asking for NSX parts :skurred: Its starting to be cheaper to order a new part form a honda dealer then buy used parts.

IMG_20120508_195733.jpg

Mikey

Reaction score
I stand corrected, you're right...

For NSX's equipped with a 4-speed automatic transmission, Honda used a slightly less powerful version of the C30A, which utilized less aggressive cam timing and produced 252 bhp

Brad2274

Reaction score
Yeah the only thing that could make your car/plans anymore innovative and amazing is if you went rwd hahah, I'd poop my pants if someone did that with our cars

Mikey

Reaction score
It's been done to civics and 4G Accords. It's only a matter of time before someone does it with a 6G.

DH48

Reaction score
Why RWD when there is a J-series transmission out there that does 4wd :hihi:

I want the car to be road legal and with the engine in the trunk....correction on on the back seat (did measure on how it would be if the engine was in the back) it would not be road legal. Turning the engine 90° will only work if i remake the suspension tower or how you call them as the V is not a standard J series 45° block. Its a V6 with a 90° block.

With a 4wd setup it would be much easier to get away when getting the car smog and road legal tested as the car is over 10 year old i have to get the car approved every year. Also if done removing the shaft that goes to the rear dif would be much easier. I would really love to find or see for my self the underside of a 2008 legend awd. Most of the 2000 and after honda have a removable rear axle...and by removable i mean the like front were you are able to remove the engine with the wheels, suspension and other parts.

But that is for the future first i want to get the NSX engine rebuilt, fitted and running with the J30 transmission (if i cant find a awd transmission)

I did measure the engine with the J30 and tried to get a idea on how it would fit. Height is not a problem. The V angle was more of a concern. The J is about 56cm from one V side to the other but the C30a3 is 76 cm that leaves me about 2 cm free space to the front radiator. So new radiator fans are a must but this is just theory and try measuring. The actual will be unknown until i start fitting it.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Your MR thread is hawt! Can't really wait for progress.:run: I'm curious about the parts you have for the other mods done to your car. (I.e. your suspension & exhausts setup.)

DH48

Reaction score
Have not done much with the car the mods i listed are the ones i have done so far. Before me the car was loweredand thats all i know what was done. Shocks are stock at the moment but might need to upgrade after i get to weigh the J30a1 and C30a3.

The manifolds and downpipe to the Y pipe at the back is stock. I replaced the mufflers with 2 neww new 3" input and 2,5" dual output mufflers ( The shop i bought them said "muffler" i would call them resonators as they are loud...but a sexy loud :D ) and as soon as i get the new engine in i will be going to weld a new 3" pipe from front to the back + add a resonator. Most part will need to be made.
No point in doing it now as i might have to change it later. Going to build it step by step :)

Back