DH`s 2000 coupe

DH48

Reaction score
There is a legend or a myth going around the internet about a accord CG2 coupe type-r that was made by the honda of USA. They only made one before project was scraped. Why am i talking about this ? It has been mentioned that they tested the new engine with the NSX transmission ...the engine was a J-series. So that´s why i want to try the J series transmission on it.

But why 4wd well the transmission is the sames as any other FWD. Before i did my K swap on the civic it also was going to be a awd car and had the awd transmission in it but did not finish the rear axle. The point is i can have the awd transmission as FWD and if I just add the proper rear axle then it´s a awd :)

Also the J32 swap is becoming so popular it really hard to find a FWD 6 speed.
I keep my eye on ebay from time to time to spot anything good :)

DH48

Reaction score
The Honda legend as we have it on the market here and finding parts from that is easyer then looking for a 2010 awd acura TL in the US.

It should have the same frame sturcture as most accords. If not moding the rear subframe is a must. I will need a fueltank from a AWD car anyway as the rear dif. needs to fit.
Still got time to think about the AWD. First the engine :)

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Have not done much with the car the mods i listed are the ones i have done so far. Before me the car was loweredand thats all i know what was done. Shocks are stock at the moment but might need to upgrade after i get to weigh the J30a1 and C30a3.

The manifolds and downpipe to the Y pipe at the back is stock. I replaced the mufflers with 2 neww new 3" input and 2,5" dual output mufflers ( The shop i bought them said "muffler" i would call them resonators as they are loud...but a sexy loud :D ) and as soon as i get the new engine in i will be going to weld a new 3" pipe from front to the back + add a resonator. Most part will need to be made.
No point in doing it now as i might have to change it later. Going to build it step by step :)
I see. The plan is well thought-out. I literaly can't wait to see the complete swap. I might bite my nails until they're gone lol.

Btw, your debadged trunk represents the true definition of "debadging" imo.

swazi5

Reaction score
This is fantastic, I've always wondered if anyone has ever tried a C30 swap. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Headlights look raw too. ONLY things I would've done different would be the tail lights, those were Honda styling at its finest. Also I would've done a diff color with the exhaust tips, but all that said you inspire me DH48!!!! Good luck with the project!!!:usa:

DH48

Reaction score
Had a better camera with me today.

The battery was moved to back also. Welded a frame for it so it is bolted down.
DSC_0514.jpg

How the exhaust tips look.
DSC_0516.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

Still waiting for a reply on the engine parts. placed a order for the main and rod bearings. Said it might take 3-4 week to arrive :skurred:

Will have to move the car into the garage soon as it should start snowing next week.

In the mean time this is what is getting me from point A to point B :)
DSC_0527.jpg

Back