Manually shifting Auto

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
So I also own a '95 2 door Camry 2.2L 4 banger with a 4 speed auto. I bought it at 160k miles and it currently sits at 222k miles. Reliable as all be.

I have been driving the piss out of it for the last 50k miles shifting it up and down manually 90% of the time. The engine lives between 5-6k RPM about 80& of the time. I'll downshift to 2nd going 70Mph and the RPMs wang up to 5500 RPMs for engine braking.

I have never had any transmission problems besides when's it's cold outside 40*f and below it won't shift to 4th until it's warmed up.

I did a drain and fill of the tranny fluid when I replaced the broken timing belt. I drive this car hard. But it's tough as nails.

Does anyone drive their autos like manuals?

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Why stop driving?? I bought the car 5 years ago for $3500. 3 years ago I got barely side swiped in the front and insurance totalled it out. I got a $3000 dollar check and I bought the car back for 400 dollars. Been driving it everyday since. If it goes it goes. But it's a freak of nature car. Doesn't burn any oil. Starts up like a champ. All the suspension bushings are shot and gone.

I'm selling it for $500 though. I'll miss it but I got my cg5 now.

Three vehicles is more than i need right now. Driveway space is getting scarce. I really just wang on the Camry to test how tough the engine and tranny are and they are tough.

Back