rubber molding and car noise

calgaryaccord

Reaction score
When I first got my Accord, I was amazed by how loud it was compared to my old car. I think a lot of the noise is road noise (instead of wind noise), which is good - that means it's possible to get rid of it.

I used this stuff called B-Quiet. I took out all the seats and the carpeting and lined the entire floor with it. It made a pretty friggin' big difference, but not quite as much as I expected.

The stuff works just like dynamat, but it's less than half the price. I weighed the rolls before I did the installation and the total to cover the entire floor was just under 20 pounds. That's not bad for the level of sound reduction I got. I would definitely recommend this.

As a bonus: a quiet car gives the impression of your sound system being louder. I normally have mine at about 13 ticks out of 20, now it sits at about 9. Everything is clearer - maybe because the speakers aren't working as hard, but probably because there's less ambient noise competing with the stereo.

matty2013

Reaction score
I can vouch for b-quiet, excellent stuff. Helped reduce the **CLANG** of the coupe doors when closing them and also less reverberation of wind on them while on the highway, did the rear panels aswell and will do the headliner and floor this summer

Back