so confused

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
So bought some sleeves but I'm confused as to should I the higher spring rate in front or should I put in the back.

Bc I was told that the higher spring rate should be put in the rear. Idk why.

So if someone help me out. Thanks

turbo_911

Reaction score
Umm, usually you put the higher spring rate up front, since the front is heavier than the back. That's how all of the coilovers are.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
^most coils are like that. the closest i've seen is the same spring rate...never higher in the rear though.

Mr. HuMpY

Reaction score
Well I think I got confused with adjustable dampers bc my cuzen was saying something like its should be stiffer in the back or something like that.

So higher spring rate in front and lower in the back. Plus I got one thing what the hell is a bump stop on the strut

turbo_911

Reaction score
Yes, higher up front, and lower in the back. Also the damper stiffness same way, usually stiffer in the front and softer in the back.

Bump stop is a rubber thing prevents your shock going all the way down and from damaging the shock.

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Your cousin needs to be slapped with a cactus if he said the rear needs to be stiffer springs. Unless you got a mid-engine accord or a spare engine sitting in the trunk there is no reason lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^lol

The bump stop is that tiered rubber bushing. If you hit it, you'll know.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
You can run higher rates in the rear if you want. Lots of people that track their FWD cars do this so that they can get their cars to rotate easier. If you take it on the street though it'll ride like *** since there's hardly any weight in the rear compared to the front.

Back