any spray paint touch ups?

wsdrummer06

Reaction score
anyone do some spray paint touch ups and have good luck. got a few areas and was looking to touch them up. they sell the silver satin touch up paint every where!

wsdrummer06

Reaction score
bought some from a local shop and it was gray not silver. pretty pissed but they sell matching silver at autozone!

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
post a pic of what you are trying to repair and I can try giving you some advice on what you should get to fix it

but a big heads up warning, Silver is freaking impossible to repair without it being noticeable

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
From what I've read those rattle cans are not an exact match. Touching up areas is already noticeable as it is, which is why most people repaint the entire door or quarter panel, etc. So you want to make sure you have the best match possible. I've just read several instances of people painting their lips with that stuff, and it not being close enough. Maybe they didn't prep correctly though.

Still, I would go to a Sherwin Williams auto paint center and get some mixed up.

wsdrummer06

Reaction score
I got a can made from dupoint. Used the Vin to match it as Honda is the worst company for paint. easily 12 codes for silver

cfox28

Reaction score
having it paint matched is the only way it will look okay. but really if its anything big it'll be noticeable no matter what. also keep in mind that that paint code was applicable the day it rolled of the lot, but time changes it every so slightly that you will notice a difference. if it anything big, I'd have a shop do it

cyen008

Reaction score
from what i've read those rattle cans are not an exact match. Touching up areas is already noticeable as it is, which is why most people repaint the entire door or quarter panel, etc. So you want to make sure you have the best match possible. I've just read several instances of people painting their lips with that stuff, and it not being close enough. Maybe they didn't prep correctly though.

Still, i would go to a sherwin williams auto paint center and get some mixed up.

+1

Back