Dealer Dollahs...

acrod99

Reaction score
just dropped my car off at the Honda dealer to put an end to my CEL. it's been such a hassle, i just broke down and did it. seeing as how my car expired last october, i've needed to do this for about 6 months! i know thats pretty bad, and now i gotta pay for it. i just hope it doesn't go over $500.

acrod99

Reaction score
1167-i think o2 but i replaced it with a napa then a real honda one and it didnt fix it, so now its getting diagnostics run and its probly a loose wire...somewhere...

6THGEN_AI4

Hope they find it, I picked mine today after they did a valve adjustmet, now its pretty quite the only bad thing is they charged me $82 bucks:(

acrod99

Reaction score
so after 8 hours the bill comes to 270. the light's still on. i need a new ecm. whoopie!
got quoted 1100 for a new comp and o2 sensor since both are dead now. basically you can't put in an ex motor running on an lx ecm. i heard otherwise, but whatever. now i just desperately need to find a cheap lx ecu. anyone know?

help!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
acrod99 said:
so after 8 hours the bill comes to 270. the light's still on. i need a new ecm. whoopie!
got quoted 1100 for a new comp and o2 sensor since both are dead now. basically you can't put in an ex motor running on an lx ecm. i heard otherwise, but whatever. now i just desperately need to find a cheap lx ecu. anyone know?

help!

didnt you have a ULEV f23 and now a regular VTEC f23? theirs prolly a small difference there. small, but enough to be gay about.

acrod99

Reaction score
^^exactly.

oh-and its an ex ecm i need.

another question to all-i need to know whether my new engine is california or federal so i get the right ecu, and the only way to tell that i know is to read the vin on the engine-waay up, under the intake mani. anyone know another way?

angelplus

Reaction score
acrod99 said:
^^exactly.

another question to all-i need to know whether my new engine is california or federal so i get the right ecu, and the only way to tell that i know is to read the vin on the engine-waay up, under the intake mani. anyone know another way?

extendable mirrors and a good flash light :-D

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
acrod99 said:
^^exactly.

i was thinking. since you said it could be the o2 sensor not reading "clean" enough.....what if you did the "fouler trick" where you space the o2 sensor from the exhaust system so it actually reads cleaner air? alot of people with high flow cats and test pipes do this to make their ecu's believe that its reading what it used to. so maybe this would work here? cheeper then a ecu, thats for sure.

acrod99

Reaction score
so the vin is incredibly easy to get to haha, and i ordered a new ecu through my mechanic-185+shipping! dang dealerships-getting it for almost a tenth of their price!

Back