My 89 CRX DX

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Yeah the shift linkage would have been cheaper if I got a junkyard one and had someone cut and reweld it. But somebody was parting out his crx and while getting the other things, I decided to have him throw the linkage in too since it's an unmodified one :p

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
And a lot of non usdm Bs do come with lsd stock. If I get a jdm ctr trans it already comes with it. If I find an em1 si trans for cheap, they don't come with lsd and I'll have to add one

Aztec

Reaction score
as long as there's a 4g thread

91 Si, Suspension Tech 2.5" Springs, IHE, short shifter, first gear was almost too short!

the stolen one! i had this for like 7 years, It had the 2.5" springs that the crx got when it got the COs, then those went on the fodo when the (useless) chassis was recovered. Etc... I only bought the fodo to get a decent ride to fl to gtfo.

[l

my fodo, autox b, replacement for the stolen one, full es, coilovers, auto->5spd swap, custom cluster, weight red, lsd, dpfi->mpfi, IHE, missing stuff?

EDIT: i am...i had more 4gs, including one i painted...2-colors...nicely 8) and the mpfi swap was mandatory, AS WELL AS DOING IT RIGHT!!!

That gray crx when was tht picture taken like the 80s?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
There should have been a gray civic and a white crx? They all start ~2003 on.

Aztec

Reaction score
Yea I can't post links cuz I'm new but I saw a gray crx in the middle that pic look like it was taken in the late 80s or 90 cuz of the pic quality

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Odd, most were 35mm shots, I had a few crx's but never a grey one, 2-white (oem 1g dx & 2g si), 1-blue (85 si ;) ). Two hatches, 1-silver (turbo sohc & LOTS), 1-flat black (zc dohc), Two fodo's, 1-grey (ex left stock), 1-red (dx w/ mpfi/coilovers/auto->manual, lots more). I think...may have been more.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Nothing new happening with my car. Previous owner apparently put an axle nut on wrong and it refuses to come off. I tried a breaker bar, breaker bar with extension, my dad's air compressor with a snap on air gun, and kicking. I'm just going to cut it off eventually and get another one from the junkyard. Just haven't been able to progress any since school's been kicking my *** this semester.
On the bright side, I'm starting a job at a Toyota dealership tomorrow! That means better income and I also get discounts from the company's Honda dealership! :D
Also got a 98+ spec itr transmission with the 4.7 final drive today

Brad2274

Reaction score
whenever i remove those i use a large breaker bar with a 6-8ft metal fence pole slid over it, that always gets the job done :lawl:

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
whenever i remove those i use a large breaker bar with a 6-8ft metal fence pole slid over it, that always gets the job done :lawl:
You don't know how much help that post was... reading it made me remember I have a 6-8 foot long metal fence pole lying in my shed, no joke :) I'm going to try that when I can.
The passenger nut came off with one big push. The driver side, it looks like they forced it on. It's actually crooked, most likely stripped to hell and back

xci.ed6

Reaction score
If you were closer, I would offer my ratchet, 3/4" drive! It ALWAYS works!

194314_664638138399_8157295_o.jpg

Also have a few sockets for it. Record had a 230lb guy hanging on it to break it loose! Torqued to like 1000lb/ft!! 1-1/4" nut!!

[edit] it's a Matco, btw, there are a few Snap-On signs near it.

Last edited:
Back