Transmission Rebuild

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
I've been having the normal tranny problems associated with every other accord for a while now. But, recently it got worse (although the Lucas treatment has been an excellent quick-fix). I finally came to grips with the fact that if I don't get it fixed soon, then I might eventually get stuck on the highway in Miami at night...and that's a very, very bad situation to be in:kenny:.

So, I drop my car off (http://www.goldcoasttransmissions.com/) at 9:00 a.m. and they tell me that they will have it all inspected & an exact price by noon.
Noon time, they call and tell me the exact price ($1,800 for rebuild, new pressure switches/sensors, labor, etc. & a 1-yr/12,000 mile warranty). So, I told him that I would agree to get it all done for that price.
So at 1p.m. I stop by the shop and figure I would surprise them by asking to see what the broken/worn pieces look like. Amazingly, one of the rebuilders was just finishing cleaning it and he was ready to start reassembling it (only 4 hours from the time I brought it in!..they'er really effecient, because they have this place set up like a massive assembly line). Some of the clutches had all the friction material totally worn off, there were a few bad bearings, and then the bad sensors.
I was happy to also hear that my car would be done by 3pm tomorrow...which is good because I need my car for work and school. Total = $1,800. This includes the price for 2 new pressure sensor/switches ($88 each)

I'll update this thread when I get the car back, but have any of you guys heard of a 24-hour tranny rebuild for $1,800? (again, the BBB gives them a very high rating)

cajun

Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out. To do it that quick their techs must run through a lot of 6G transmissions.

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
Damn Lucas should last forever.

...what do you think has got me by for the last 5,000+ miles? Lucas is amazing!

To do it that quick their techs must run through a lot of 6G transmissions.

Yup, they told me that 6G's are typical. But this shop is so fast, because at this location it is actually more of a transmission rebuilding warehouse that just so happens to also pull & reinstall transmissions in the 20-car bay attached to it.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
Nicee I paid the same for my rebuild..

Question to anyone...is it typical or normal for the car to jerk a little bit when I put it in drive or reverse? This usually happens first thing in the morning; not so much throughout the day.

BeatPusher

Reaction score
I have the worse luck I got my accord 1000 miles past the recall requirement. 1 and a half years later it starts acting up....the infamous "D4 blinky" I baby it from first to D4 and seems to make it word well...then it stops...the other day it started again..and finally has taken a dump. Long story short I found a rebuild right around the block from me for $1000...install is $200 flat so with tax and fluids and crap he says its $1350....Man am I stoked about that...

cajun

Reaction score
$1350 almost sounds too low. You sure this guy knows what he's doing?

ManyLivesToLive

Reaction score
Go my car back this morning, because I wasn't able to get there before they closed last night.

Anyhow, the tranny is working fine & I know have to relearn how to drive the car since there is no slip between the gears anymore.

Back