Need help with exhaust system

Accordfanatic

Reaction score
Hi guys okay well i baught and exhaust and i installed on my accord the problem is its not loud meaning i know it has more potencial noise wise it sounds like my stock exhaust my budyy had it on his prelude and had a better sound i was wondering if i cut out the middle exhaust or resenator what ever its called between the cat and the exhaustand jus stick a straight pipe..would it affect my gas mialage and would i get a better sound

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
That's the most funny question I heard lol. What kind of exhaust is it? If you cut your resonator off you will need to weld a pipe on there, otherwise it will leak. Also without a resonator its going to sound like a tin can. If you want your car to be loud, then just take your muffler off.....or buy a new one. Megan racing makes a loud cat-back.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
u bought a catback or just the muffler itself? muffler itself isnt gonna do much for noise or performance wise. get a new setup if u dont like it.

Accordfanatic

Reaction score
LoL.....no no i mean like if you put ur car on the lift u have your cat then you have like this mini muffler then ur muffler at the bumper right.....the performance exhaust i have gives me a lil noise nothing big i just want it to sound a lil louder so i was wondering if i just cut out that mini muffler and hook a normal pipe welded on will it make a diffrence

Accord281

Reaction score
removing the resonator will make it louder, but you may not like the tone you end up getting as it tends to be a little higher pitched.

juicebox00

Reaction score
Okay, it seems that you have either axle-back exhaust or just mufflers installed right now. Go to a local muffler shop and get a quote for some custom cat-back piping.

Edit- just noticed that you beat me to the post, that seems like a quality muffler as long as it's not the universal one, but it's all up to you there. i'm just not a fan of universal mufflers

Last edited:
Back