UA5 PFM Wiring Quick Guide

FNCONE

Reaction score
Been wanting to help Chris out and finally started writing it down. Maybe someone else can use this info also.

REMEMBER This is a Direct swap to a coupe (Just angle would be a bit off). The mirrors won't fit the sedan, maybe with modification.

Needed
UA5 PFM Mirror With JDM Switch

I Will do the 3 types of switches I Have of done.

I'll start with the Civic EP, EP3 Switch 2001-2005 (SAP J110 M1) Model switch since its the easiest with a built in Relay.

I'm not going to explain how relays work or why each wire goes where I'm just going to give you a color and where to splice LOL.

Accord Switch Colors

JDM Switch Colors

Accord .................. JDM Switch

Yellow / Black ................... Black / Yellow

BLACK ................... Both Blacks

Blue /White ................... Red / Yellow

Light Green ................... White / Red

Yellow / White ................... Green / White

Blue / Orange ................... Blue / White

Blue / Green .................. Blue / Black

Now The Connectors At Mirrors...

Drivers

Accord ................. UA5

Blue / Orange .................. Yellow
Blue / Green .................. Gray
Blue / White ................... Green

Passenger

Blue / White .................. Green
Yellow / White ................. Blue
Light Green ................. Yellow

PFM Part

These wires are connected to both sides, so the red is spliced to both mirrors red, and the black is spliced to both mirrors black

JDM Switch ............................... UA5 Mirror

Red / Blue .................................. Red

Red / White .................................. Black

PFM Switch With Green Clip JDM HONDA PRELUDE BB1 BB4

I BELIEVE ALL PFM SWITCHES WITH THE GREEN CLIP WILL WORK WITH THIS WIRING, BUT THE COLORS CHANGE. JUST LOOK AT THE PIN POSITION AND COLOR AND WHATEVER YOURS IS MAKE THE CORRESPONDING SPLICE

Example....... Mine is Light Green.............Blue / Black (Blue / Black Being the JDM Switch)
Yours Might Have a red or w.e color in that same pin location. Just splice the light green accord wire to that pin no matter what color it is. I would like to confirm this.

Accord .................. JDM Switch

Yellow / Black ................... Black / Yellow

BLACK ................... Black

Blue /White ................... Blue / Orange

Light Green ................... Blue / Black

Yellow / White ................... Green / Blue

Blue / Orange ................... Yellow / Green

Blue / Green .................. Yellow / Blue

Now The Connectors At Mirrors...

Drivers

Accord ................. UA5

Blue / Orange .................. Yellow
Blue / Green .................. Gray
Blue / White ................... Green

Passenger

Blue / White .................. Green
Yellow / White ................. Blue
Light Green ................. Yellow

RELAY

7 wire relay

**Having the relay under dash is best because door gets wet, if left in door make sure Its protected from rain. So you can have these wires fished thru the door or leave the
relay in the door or just fish 1 wire for the relay control and find your power and ground under dash.
I ran the 3 needed wires from switch to under dash to keep the mirrors on the same circuit.
Do whats easiest and best for your scenario.**

JDM SWITCH ............... Relay ............... Other

Black / Yellow ............... White / Yellow ................ Or Any 12v Source
Black ............... Black ................ Or Any Ground Point
Blue / Yellow ............... Blue / Yellow ................ This Activates the relay, It must come from switch

Now Comes the wires for the mirrors. If You look at the 7 wire relay, you will see 4 wires left on the outer sides of relay. (The 3 wires we spliced so far are the 3 in between) Basically 2 wires on each side go to each mirror. I would use the thicker ones to the passenger side since its traveling farther, try to use the same gauge wire. ( The thicker pair goes to Passenger mirror and the slimmer gauge wires goes to driver)
What I dont remember from the top of my head is the order, if you use 1 for black and 2 for red for the Passenger, I believe it was the same order for driver.

Example......

Relay .................... UA5 Mirror

Pin 1 White / Blue .................... Black
Pin 2 Red ................... Red
Pin 6 Blue ................... Black
Pin 7 Blue / Red .................... Red

If that has one mirror opening and one mirror closing at the same time simply just reverse one pair of wires while having disconnecting the other mirror.

Example

If you press the button and the passenger is opening but drivers stays closed or closes. Simply unplug the passengers mirror, and reverse the polarity of the drivers mirror. If 6 was black make it red now. Then test it while the passenger mirror is still unplugged. Make sure before you connect the passengers connector that both mirrors are in the open or closed position. Then Try Again, It should be good.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
:bowdown: Thanks for sharing your expertise, and repped!

You do have to splice, re-pinning would be better but the stock Accord pins are too big to fit into the PFM switch connector. You could cut up the harnesses and have direct plugs but I like to keep it reversible.

Last edited:
Back