Engine mount purpose question

cg4ever

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I need some clarification on the part number 29. This part is actually discontinued, but i can't understand what is this rubber purpose nor where it fit on the engine bay.

Maybe it fit inside the engine mount number 11 or something ? If someone could shed some light in there it would be appreciated. Thanks

Note : This is for the CG4 (EDM), but it should be the same engine mounts as the CG3 ( F23A ) etc..

oic4ra.jpg

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
29 goes onto 19 which goes through 11 which fits inside 7

Basically it's useless

cg4ever

Reaction score
So if i understand correctly when replacing the mount 11 you must replace the part 29 as well ?

If so i don't get why they didn't include it as a set when purchasing the mount 11.

Basically it's useless

Why ?

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I could be wrong but to me it looks like the outer part of 29 is a bushing that is pressed into the 11 mount. But if it were it would make sense that those two parts came together, like how the lower control arm and ball joint come as one part (ball joint already pressed in). Can you post a couple photos of this from your car?

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
When I replaced my front mount I swapped the bolt and bushing to the new mount, if you have any question about it just put a jack under the oil pan and take the mount off and look at it, it would only take less than 10 minutes

2pac

Reaction score
according to the parts diagrams, this part exists only in 98-99 models.

Back