Track/AutoX discussion

jbl

Reaction score
Look at stuff from the TL, their rear sway is like 19 or 20 mm and way cheaper

We have the 20mm from the CL (or TL...isn't CL-S 23mm?)...$40 and picked up by a friend who was in the area.

He already has the 20...

Maybe you can find a cheap used set of konis?

You can also stitch weld the chassis if you know how...

With being on such a budget, we need to pick our battles wisely. A cheap set of Konis all around will definitely be helpful, but there's still the other issues. Like I said, I need to get my hands on a scanner to find out how many grelmins we woke up in the ECU and see how much of that is my real issue.

Someone mentioned cutting the springs. I'm not keen on this idea as I've never done it (keep in mind, this car will never see street duty again). I'd imagine I'd need new shocks/struts all around afterwards anyhow.

I've also got a potential lead on a J32A1 out of a friend's '03 CL-S. Not the transmission, which is what I really need, but I can't look that gift horse in the mouth.

Stitch welding the chassis? I have no idea. I'll do a search, but....enlighten me.

jbl

Reaction score
You could also do a 3 inch custom exhaust...

Was curious about that as well.

We have the stock exhaust setup up until the cat. In all honesty, I wasn't sure what would happen to the O2 Sensor if I chopped off the CC (it has one plumbed into it). Right after that though is a 2.25" cherry bomb (was $25) and a turndown in front of the rear wheels. I was worried about backpressure and figured that my more open setup was equal to the stock restrictive setup or maybe a little better, giving me what I want but without opening it up too much.

Exhaust manifold bolts looked shredded and the firewall side is the worst, so I'm not touching them with the engine still in (probably if it's out, this way I can inevitably fix that bolt once it snaps from all of the rust).

CG2

Reaction score
You should be fine just moving the 02 sensor and straight piping it. Otherwise, test pipes wouldn't work on our cars... Do you have picks of your setup?

Unless Lemons forces you to retain a cat?

Anyways... cool vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWZJFNLBpwQ
I drive a 2003 Honda Accord V6, 6 speed manual. Modifications are as follows: Fully gutted interior w/ 4 point roll bar, 2800lbs with driver, Intake and exhaust good for 250whp/215wtq. 245/40/17 Kumho V710 D.O.T., Megan Racing Full coilover w/ 15 way adjustable shocks. H&R front sway bar 28mm, Progress 26mm Rear sway bar. Hawk BLue 9012 front brake pads, OEM rear brake pads, ABS system & Brake booster removed, Limited Slip Differential.

Crazy setup... I wonder what kind of results this would have on the CG2...

Last edited:
Back