JV6 Lexus is350

JV6

Reaction score
Re: JV6 Lexus is350 and rx350(Last Page for updates)

^Wow that's a steal. Even if you don't want it you could pick it up and sell it for a little profit. The new grill and knob look great!

I test drove a friend’s ISF a couple weeks ago. Really nice. It was probably me but I didn’t feel like the paddleshifts were very instantaneous. But my wife’s brother told me you don’t lift your foot, shift, and depress the pedal again (which is what I did)….you just leave your foot on the pedal as you use the paddles. Since it was a friend’s car though, I didn’t want to take the chance of being rough on it. So I guess I need to drive one again lol. But it was fun and sounded good. Ride was firm, but more comfortable than my car.

Thanks I think I will install it if I get the rear lip lol, didn't do much heavy modding yet but these small f sport pieces make an appearance difference to the ride. The paddle shifting isn't really like a manual with the foot work you gotta do. Even when slowing down, if you don't tap the down shifter it will do it for you lol.

Snap a phone pic today, went out for a sea2sky cruise
k03qeb.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Such a good looking place for a shootout. I've seen some of ur pics at the scene, and I'd love to go there, when I'll have a day trip to the north next time.

The F Sport upgrades are looking sweet! You still have a thing for OEM+. :boink: Are you going to put your RPFs after settling w/ ur choice of suspension?

JV6

Reaction score

Such a good looking place for a shootout. I've seen some of ur pics at the scene, and I'd love to go there, when I'll have a day trip to the north next time.

The F Sport upgrades are looking sweet! You still have a thing for OEM+. :boink: Are you going to put your RPFs after settling w/ ur choice of suspension?

Thanks, still collecting parts for oem+ lol. Most expensive one is the F Sport exhaust tt
Yeah whenever you come up and hopefully il be free I wouldn't mind cruising to this location with you. Only bad thing is half the time this boat launch area is packed, I was out that day and stop by and luckily there wasn't any boat loading. It's one of my fav place to cruise too, you see nothing but ocean water and mountain during hwy cruise.

some older pics of the area when guys and I went
65sgmw.jpg

demqa9.jpg

t6qa89.jpg

As for wheels and suspension, no money yet to do anything lol. Coilovers expensive as fuuu

Edit: Also went to Toyota today for oil and filter change. Inspection went well with everything running perfect, next service I'm going to do a tranny fluid drain and refill. Don't believe in life time tranny fluid, guy who service me owns a ls460 and recommends it aswell.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Thanks, still collecting parts for oem+ lol. Most expensive one is the F Sport exhaust tt
Yeah whenever you come up and hopefully il be free I wouldn't mind cruising to this location with you. Only bad thing is half the time this boat launch area is packed, I was out that day and stop by and luckily there wasn't any boat loading. It's one of my fav place to cruise too, you see nothing but ocean water and mountain during hwy cruise.

some older pics of the area when guys and I went
65sgmw.jpg

demqa9.jpg

t6qa89.jpg

As for wheels and suspension, no money yet to do anything lol. Coilovers expensive as fuuu

Edit: Also went to Toyota today for oil and filter change. Inspection went well with everything running perfect, next service I'm going to do a tranny fluid drain and refill. Don't believe in life time tranny fluid, guy who service me owns a ls460 and recommends it aswell.
Yea I hear ya. My OEM exhaust's MSRP wasn't so cheap, and yours is for Lexus. Well, who knows, you can be lucky again like you've found the rear lip!

Thanks! I'll def lyk when the time comes! Is it kinda far away from your place? Ooh.. Sweet looking pics.. Gotta be awesome over there around this time of year.

One day, James. May the right to go low will be with you!

My shop is also telling me that it's good idea to inspect and replace those fluid, even if it's a life-time, b/c the viscosity can't be the same for years 'n years. (Have been strongly recommended to change my PS fluid.)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

That's what my friend told me, the manual for his ISF says you never need to change the trans fluid. When he said that I was like :eek:

JV6

Reaction score

Yea I hear ya. My OEM exhaust's MSRP wasn't so cheap, and yours is for Lexus. Well, who knows, you can be lucky again like you've found the rear lip!

Thanks! I'll def lyk when the time comes! Is it kinda far away from your place? Ooh.. Sweet looking pics.. Gotta be awesome over there around this time of year.

One day, James. May the right to go low will be with you!

My shop is also telling me that it's good idea to inspect and replace those fluid, even if it's a life-time, b/c the viscosity can't be the same for years 'n years. (Have been strongly recommended to change my PS fluid.)

There's this mom who drives her son isx(removed badge prolly 250) to work who has an f sport exhaust. Tempting just to go underneath and unbolt it lol.. Np man lmk :), it's roughly 1+hour from the border. If you keep going past where that photoshoot I took you be in Whistler

That's what my friend told me, the manual for his ISF says you never need to change the trans fluid. When he said that I was like :eek:

Yeah I said the samething when I saw the manual and research like wtf. I couldn't believe how many members on clublexus forum actually believe that they never have to touch their fluid.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

There's this mom who drives her son isx(removed badge prolly 250) to work who has an f sport exhaust. Tempting just to go underneath and unbolt it lol.. Np man lmk :), it's roughly 1+hour from the border. If you keep going past where that photoshoot I took you be in Whistler
F Sport must be tasty lol. Oh, I get it; I remember driving up to Whistler, and saw some nice view-points by the water. The road condition was super nice, too. Would like to go there again. :)

JV6

Reaction score

Yeah they maintain that road every year, makes driving experience even better for car enthusiast. Well I was patient and waited long, finally purchased an F Sport exhaust for killer of a deal(Lexus dealer here wanted almost 2k tax in). It's currently in process of shipping at moment, just needs a nice polish and will look good as new.

Did small project last week, got tired of wood grain so did some CF wrapping to match my F Sport shift Knob.
11hxycn.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing/hearing the F-sport exhaust.

JV6

Reaction score

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing/hearing the F-sport exhaust.

I picked it up across the border on Tuesday and immediately installed it right away with hc529. Took us under an hour to do it, first time for me to go undernearth the car to remove any exhaust components lol. It was pretty much straight forward swap and I save $100 from going to the shop to get it done. Here's couple pics n diy

2e4vi4p.jpg

k0oi77.jpg

I listened to a lot of youtube videos on f sport exhaust but I didn't expect it to be this loud and aggressive for an oem performance parts. Has nice growl to it when you start the car, glad I waited out and no regrets with this purchase for a quality made exhaust.

hc529 former 6ga on here recently traded in his slam 9thgen V6 touring for a G37 IPL model, also with a full miestershaft exhaust n thing sounds beastly. Him and his gf also purchased an Audi S4, moving up in the world right there.

o92615.jpg

anlx.jpg

zir6vn.jpg

Plans for now is lowering the car, leaning towards .5 to 1 finger gap all around. I had swift springs in mind but it might not achieve the drop I want, Tein SA is prolly the coilovers I will be looking at for ride quality and comfort. Also waiting for 2012-2013 headlight upgrade to LED drl, price is steep on those but will wait on a good deal for a used condition set.

Last edited:
Back