Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6

Damn hmm.... Should I get spacers? Kind of scared to get it now because I am a spirited driver haha I usually go pretty fast.

Ok thanks! I'll look up TL PSI

Also how do I pump my tires cold? I've always wondered because I heard they warm up really fast like after like 5 minutes of driving. To drive to the gas station they would be warmed up. So should I wait a while first or
It all depends on what you need for your car, but I was told to stay away unless you have to.

2 - 3 miles of running to a gas station from cold start would be fine.

james'99

Reaction score

It all depends on what you need for your car, but I was told to stay away unless you have to.

Yeah, it should be okay honestly. You can always check them again cold and add air accordingly to that until you perfect it. They'll all be the same cod if you inflate them all to the same PSI hot as long as they are evenly warmed up so keep that in mind.

phi1542

Reaction score

Yeah, it should be okay honestly. You can always check them again cold and add air accordingly to that until you perfect it. They'll all be the same cod if you inflate them all to the same PSI hot as long as they are evenly warmed up so keep that in mind.

Thanks guys! If the spacers are really thick like 30mm I heard that would be unsafe but I only plan 0.5" F and 0.75" R. Would 15mm (0.59") F and 20mm (0.79") R be close enough? Not sure if it would be really noticeable because I measures it and i got .5 and .75 inches. I doubt its noticeable though. or should I try to find more exact ones like 13mm and 19mm. My fenders are pulled from when I had 18x10 +25 so these TL wheels still dont have that nice flush. Do you guys think .5 and .75 inch spacers would be safe to run? Kind of iffy on the spacers now lol

james'99

Reaction score

Thanks guys! If the spacers are really thick like 30mm I heard that would be unsafe but I only plan 0.5" F and 0.75" R. Would 15mm (0.59") F and 20mm (0.79") R be close enough? Not sure if it would be really noticeable because I measures it and i got .5 and .75 inches. I doubt its noticeable though. or should I try to find more exact ones like 13mm and 19mm. My fenders are pulled from when I had 18x10 +25 so these TL wheels still dont have that nice flush. Do you guys think .5 and .75 inch spacers would be safe to run? Kind of iffy on the spacers now lol

If you're gonna run a thick spacer, you may need extended studs. I don't like the idea of spacers unless it is absolutely required.

phi1542

Reaction score

If you're gonna run a thick spacer, you may need extended studs. I don't like the idea of spacers unless it is absolutely required.

Yeah I decided to not get spacers haha seems like it's best to avoid them. Since I'm stuck with wider fenders I have to get aftermarket wheels. I saw these 18x8.5 +30 BBS LM Style Wheels. Might switch to these one day :lawl:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I hear ya. Especially when you live in a place where the roads are de-iced by salt in winter.

Well.. This reminds me of wanting to lyk that there is a JDM aftermarket electronic device that prevents your car from rust problems.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/tofit/item/545349/
Once again, don't mind about their funky translations tho. :lawl: I've seen this product a lot on the car goods magazines in JPN, and it has many positive reviews on it. It basically prevents the rust problem "electronically" by the flow of an electron on your entire car, through this device from the car's battery. According to my JPN car goods magazines, the item has 20 yrs of history, and it's becoming one of the most popular items in JPN to this date, particularly among ppl living under severe climate condition (snow, ocean shore, etc).

If I were you, I'd consider getting this, on top of your protection plan, and be less of a hassle to deal w/ the road salt like you have had for the past years. Just my two cents, Chris.

Interesting idea lol. Wish that was in English so I could actually read the reasoning behind it.

Yeah I decided to not get spacers haha seems like it's best to avoid them. Since I'm stuck with wider fenders I have to get aftermarket wheels. I saw these 18x8.5 +30 BBS LM Style Wheels. Might switch to these one day :lawl:

A lot of people run spacers, I think it can be safe if set up correctly but I agree I wouldn't run them unless absolutely necessary. I ran some 5mm spacers for awhile (max thickness for stock studs). When I built my Works I wanted to make sure I didn't need spacers anymore.

Those wheels look good. But 4pc...how lol.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Yeah because it said 1pc in the item details, but that makes sense haha.

phi1542

Reaction score

A lot of people run spacers, I think it can be safe if set up correctly but I agree I wouldn't run them unless absolutely necessary. I ran some 5mm spacers for awhile (max thickness for stock studs). When I built my Works I wanted to make sure I didn't need spacers anymore.

Those wheels look good. But 4pc...how lol.

I think it means four wheels after reading the description. Haha!

I was looking into these spacers. I heard they're quality and prices aren't too bad. If i get the adapter ones that come with studs already and just use those will I be ok? If i decide to get spacers I'm going 13mm F and 19mm R. What are the dangers exactly of spacers that I wouldn't want to use it unless necessary? I dont really understand. I want the flush look with the TL wheels haha

Yeah it's just 4 wheels LOL

james'99

Reaction score

I was looking into these spacers. I heard they're quality and prices aren't too bad. If i get the adapter ones that come with studs already and just use those will I be ok? If i decide to get spacers I'm going 13mm F and 19mm R. What are the dangers exactly of spacers that I wouldn't want to use it unless necessary? I dont really understand. I want the flush look with the TL wheels haha

Yeah it's just 4 wheels LOL

Alcoa is good stuff! I'd try not to use them. That said, I'm not too much of a "stance" guy but I'm sure many more have more knowledge there than me.

Back