Boston Acoustics

widebody

Reaction score
i wouldgo with jl's or solar barics they will sound really good and loud if hooked up right

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
kicker :ugh:

yeah, they're loud. thats about it.

JLs are ok if you go with the w3 or up, but youre mostly paying for the name. plenty of better performing subs for less money, or wayyyy better performers for w3 or w6 money. the w7 is kind of hard to beat though...it really is in the top of its class.

eggyhustles

Reaction score
w7 hard to beat?

ssa icon
ssa xcon
fi q
id max
id q
re mx
re xxx
si mag
alpine type x

etc etc

there are PLENTY of subs that can poop all over the w7 for a fraction of the cost..

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
fi...12"+ only
si mag 4...12" only
type x...alpine subs :lawl:
REs...older stuff is better
idmax...meh

i'll probably be moving to an RE SE10 a little later, if that gives any idea of what subs i like...

OneLoud00Accord

Reaction score
kicker :ugh:

yeah, they're loud. thats about it.

JLs are ok if you go with the w3 or up, but youre mostly paying for the name. plenty of better performing subs for less money, or wayyyy better performers for w3 or w6 money. the w7 is kind of hard to beat though...it really is in the top of its class.

Dude kickers arent even loud I just went to an spl comp and beat 2 15" L7 on a kx2500(at least it was a dang clean looking setup) with my 15" Fi Q on a 1500 watt amp with the gain only at 1/3, I havent checked the actual output on a dmm though. Either way, all kicker = FTL

and yea the Q does kind of walk all over the w7 my brothers 12" Q sounds better and is louder on the meter than my friends 13.5 w7, and my brother has less power.

I guess though any sub in terms of sound quality and output is extremely install dependant. The box size and tuning along with the type of vehicle and the placement within that vehicle is huge. I could get a kicker cvr to be louder and sound better than a w7 given they had no idea what they were doing and threw it in a prefab box oriented wrong in a not very musical vehicle... whatever its late im bored and im just sayin stuff lol

:147703263745b138a51

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i didnt mean it as kickers are "the loudest"...i was saying...kickers are ****ty :redface2: for the money and especially as a mainstream brand they are "loud." like alpine type r's...i would never own one since they're pretty much an SPL sub only.

i've never heard a fi (the day someone carries em around here...ha) and i have heard w7s...and i honestly dont care how many dBs someone can get out of a setup. i tune for quality, not quantity.

we're just seeing things differently. i assume you have about a ported box, about 1.5 cubes, tuned to 28-32hz or thereabouts? i am the complete opposite...running a .5 cube sealed box (with polyfill to flatten the response) with a single 10" on 400 watts :lawl:

xx24xx

Reaction score
It all breaks down to preference. If you don't plan on pushing the sub to it's limits then the W7 has more of an edge with accuracy. Personally I prefer my subs hand built in USA and not shipped overseas from 14 year old girls, ya know? Wait till JL comes out with a W9 or something. The W7 is old OLD news and the competition has taken years to come out with better products that cost less.

xx24xx

Reaction score
Oh BTW Kicker? Are you fkn serious? Sure they can get somewhat loud. But they sound like **** doing it. :boo:

They make ok amps. Nothing I would spend my hard working cash on.

Back