help my car feels and sounds like its going to die

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
actually the idling stays them same and teh car just shakes at random times but it does it a lot. and i dont think it would be the gas because like i said before, this started happening awhile ago before i stopped driving my car and now ive been driving it a lot and i already filled up a new tank, so i dont think its the old gas.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
i tihnk i might know what the problem is. so i did the whole paperclip method to check my check engine that keeps coming on and off.... and i found out that cylinder 3 is misfiring. but im going to take it to autozone to clarify what it really is. so what are things i can do to fix this....?

bjorkmae

Reaction score
Bad spark plug wire, bad coil over plug if you have those, bad spark plug. Which eninge v6 or 2.3?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
actually the idling stays them same and teh car just shakes at random times but it does it a lot. and i dont think it would be the gas because like i said before, this started happening awhile ago before i stopped driving my car and now ive been driving it a lot and i already filled up a new tank, so i dont think its the old gas.

Cylinder #3 misfire? You need new plugs or wires. Just do a tune up, go to the dealer and get honda brand cap/rotor plugs and wires. There is a redneck method that works if the plug is bad or the wire, but its not worth it. Buy new ones....OEM $180 DIY.

Last edited:

ActNow

Reaction score
^that hurts the pocket book, but it has to be done to keep your accord running right

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
Bad spark plug wire, bad coil over plug if you have those, bad spark plug. Which eninge v6 or 2.3?

try changing the gas

would i change the gas as in use different octane?

Cylinder #3 misfire? You need new plugs or wires. Just do a tune up, go to the dealer and get honda brand cap/rotor plugs and wires. There is a redneck method that works if the plug is bad or the wire, but its not worth it. Buy new ones....OEM $180 DIY.

i believe that b4 i left to school which was around september of 2008, thats when i replaced the plugs, wires can cap and rotor. but today im going to go to autozone to make sure that is the real problem of my check engine light.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
okay i called autozone, and they said that they dont check your check engines lights in california, but autozone does in other states, so is there another way to check what the problems is for check engine lights.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
okay i called autozone, and they said that they dont check your check engines lights in california, but autozone does in other states, so is there another way to check what the problems is for check engine lights.

Buy the tool, use it and then take it back the same day. Tell them you found somewhere cheaper.... It's funny, I remember arguin with a dude on here, trying to tell him they dont check your CEL anymore in Cali

Back