Boston Acoustics

krylonking104

Reaction score
Anyone have Boston Acoustic G2 subs?

Im looking to get 3 of their 10" DVC 4 ohm G2s.

Other options are 3 10inch Alpine type R's, or 3 memphis power reference 10's...

Anyone have any suggestions for a good 3 ten sub setup.

Planning on running the 3 tens off of a Hifonics 1200w rms amp...so about 300W rms per sub...

lashlee

Reaction score
With most upper end manufacturers anything that they offer in the proper enclosure with the right amount of power will sound good. I had boston's years ago, and have used alpine stuff for many years. I'd say with with either of those two you'll be happy. I'm not a fan of the memphis stuff but it's not terrible with that amount of power.

lashlee

Reaction score
Since when is it not? Everyone makes gear at different price points, and I would never compare a boston sub to a Dyn, or Morel, but I feel that Boston makes products on the upper end of commercially available products.

New news to me...

swollen_cu

Reaction score
just get some jl w3's. they sound really good to me. I had a 12w6v2 before and i traded some guy down here for 2 10" w3v2(not the newest model which is the v3) and they hit and sound so much cleaner than my w6.

I just really like JL because when put in the proper enclosure, the bass is really tight. which is the way i like my bass.

xx24xx

Reaction score
Boston is no more or less than your typical chineese product with superior marketing compared to off brands. In other words its mainstream stuff like Kicker, Sony, etc. No offense man but it's the truth. It does sound better than a lot of mainstream stuff though. Their upper line is pretty pricey for what you get too. Upper end stuff would be CDT and Image Dynamics. Hight end stuff would be Dynaudio, Rainbow etc.

JL's lower line is better than a lot of subs. It's the price that makes them suck. :rwerd:

xx24xx

Reaction score
Lash I hope I didn't anger you man. Your a good guy and I'm not trying to put you, your system or your opinions down at all. Perhaps I push my opinions too far? I've been trying to push people away from mainstream stuff for years because there is so much more out there. :icon_axe:

When you do 3 subs you get weird ohm loads. I would stick with 1 great sub, 2 good subs or 4 ok subs. IF you have a good 900+w rms check out Fi Audio, Digital Designs, Image Dynamics or even SSA subs. More subs = more space/weight and need more power depending on their efficiency. What sound you are going for will determine the type of woofer and box.

Back