h22 swap

swollen_cu

Reaction score
so this local guy wrecked his 95 Accord sedan with a JDM H22A with H23 tranny in it and he wants to get rid of everything for 1200 to me.

The motor and trans have about 70k on it. The swap comes with ecu, transmission, alternator, distributor, and everything needed to do the swap besides the shift cables/shifter assembly.

Also, will the shifter cables/shift assembly from a CD accord fit into a 6thgen?? If so, I will grab them from him also if i have the cash..

The engine swap itself seems pretty simple since i work on cars, but the wiring is where i fall short.. I hate wiring and fooling with wires. That is the only thing holding me back. plus the shortage on cash after the swap... haha

should i hop on this guys?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
It is going to be a bit of a wiring nightmare if you're not already a 5spd.

yeah that's what i thought... =( i dont have the time neither the money to pay someone to do the wiring either...

a shop about an hour away from me wants 800 to do the compelte swap.. wiring chipped ecu etc.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
The price is very cheap for all that work, make sure this shop has done this type of swap and have good reviews before handing over the keys.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
The price is very cheap for all that work, make sure this shop has done this type of swap and have good reviews before handing over the keys.

blah, im gonna get a new car within 2 years, and dont really feel like spending the money on it right now. if anyone wants the engine, I can get it for you and you can come pick it up haha

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Thought you were thinking for doing the swap I guess not now.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Thought you were thinking for doing the swap I guess not now.

i wanted to, but 1. the cars my DD and dont have time to have it sitting up 2. Im a college student and dont have the funds to be paying 2000 for a motor swap right now. and 3. I'd rather spend that 2k on something else right now haha

Back