help my car feels and sounds like its going to die

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
okay i just got my car back after a year but this started happening before but my car feels like its going to die and it shakes a lot when it is idling. i changed my main relay cuz i read other thread that may be i should change that but it still shakes. i seafoamed my car, still the same thing. since i have an exhaust the shaking of the car is more noticeable. i check to see if there is any vacuum leaks and nothing. so help me out guys.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
and when i put the car on cruise control, i would feel the car shaking the same way as it shakes wen it idles.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
What do you mean after a year? has the car been sitting that long? If so, your running old gas. You needed to drain the tank before you fired her up again.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Drain it or just go fill up with some higher octane...drive it around and burn that old gas out of there.

I haven't driven the accord in 7 months...wonder how she'll fire up?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If no fuel/oil stabilizer, that could have caused your fuel at least to have broken down some. I would do what Greg suggested, spend a bit extra on some high octane fuel and get rid of the old stuff.....OR......syphon the old stuff out, leaving just enough to get you to a gas station and then refill with some higher octane. I would suggest an oil change as well.

Back