Proportion Valve Issue

Atomic562

Reaction score
I'm new to the group and hope you guys can help with my issue.

So I was ready to do start purchasing the parts for my rear brake upgrade on my accord when I ran into my issue. My car is a rear drum non ABS car, and as I noticed at the junkyard and the rear disk cars have ABS. So does anyone know what propotion valve I need for my car or am I stuck dealing with drums?

And extra info the car is a daily mostly stock on generic 17 inch wheels, I need new rear brakes so figured why not just go disk as a fun project.

Thanks in advance!

Got02Accord

Reaction score
I don't think you will need a different proportioning valve. Should be able to just change the lines over. Ive never done anything as far as drum to disc conversion on these cars but i have done it on others and it just uses the same proportioning valve.

Atomic562

Reaction score
Ive done this upgrade on civics so I figured it was just as easy, but as I looked it it up Ive seen anwers from use the ex part which doesn't exist lol cause abs. And then some said use 90-93 Integra one. I just wanna be sure before I make a huge mistake or worse put myself in danger.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
You should have a disc one, but if you don't swap one, it will hurt nothing.

REPSOL

Reaction score
I just got all the parts to switch over as well going from 4 lug to 5 lug disc brake set up in the back and the front brakes are coming from a 2001 Acura TL, also trying to find out if I need to swap out a proportioning valve or not. I think that maybe a rear disc brake from the 4 cyl. 2 door might have the part you may need. but I am not 100% sure yet. still working on it.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Really, nothing will hurt if you don't change it now!

It might not be perfect, but it will still work.

Atomic562

Reaction score
As far as I can tell from my last trip to the junkyard all oem rear disk accords have abs. I'm hopping it doesn't make a difference since its mostly for asthetics in the end. Plus I also have access to the legend calipers for that upgrade too if I decide to go that route.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It doesn't make a difference. With SS lines when I did mine swap, it'll lock up nice and quick with the stock proportioning.

Back