RR's '99 coupe EX-L

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

She's in that the handicap spot too^ she was probably more concerned about the car missing a front end haha.

Love the accord still, Chris.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I remember a thread where you mentioned the idea of leaving notes on people's cars that don't know how to park. I couldn't find it so I'm putting these here. I saw this lady turn, realize she wasn't going to make either spot, then stop before even pulling up all the way, and get out without batting an eye. Driving isn't for everyone...

20150718_172811.jpg

20150718_172711.jpg

haha wow.

Clarkson had a good bit on why driving isn't for everyone, he said if you have no interest in something you're not going to be any good at it. So people who don't enjoy driving shouldn't be doing it. Makes complete sense, maybe that will be the benefit of autonomous cars...getting the idiots off the roads.

She's in that the handicap spot too^ she was probably more concerned about the car missing a front end haha.

Love the accord still, Chris.

Thanks Jordan!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

With summer drawing to a close I'm reminded of how much I hate the cold so tonight I finally revisited the CL-S seats. After rereading everything Frankie (FNCONE) told me lol I labeled all the wires and made a list of what I need to buy (grounding terminals, 7.5a inline fuses, wiring, heatshrink, etc) to get them up and running. My goal is to have at least the driver side wired up, and passenger if I can.

temporary_28.jpg

When I lifted the floor carpet, the passenger side only has a grounding wire/point and nothing else. Frankie told me his car ('01 V6 sedan) has some more wiring on the passenger side, which I assume must be for the side airbags or something. So I'll have to splice into everything on the driver side, then run it to the passenger side.

The perf leather panels are still in progress, I am dropping off the fronts to be done professionally, and I'll do the other rear. Then I can take the doors apart and swap the panels and switch trim, and add the CL Bose 6.5's and chrome window trim.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score

When I lifted the floor carpet, the passenger side only has a grounding wire/point and nothing else. Frankie told me his car ('01 V6 sedan) has some more wiring on the passenger side, which I assume must be for the side airbags or something. So I'll have to splice into everything on the driver side, then run it to the passenger side.

The sedans had optional power seats on the passenger side. Coupes don't have the luxury for the need to be able to get in and out of the back seat.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Wired up the grounds for the driver side, used all crimp connectors. The tape is just extra to seal the connections. The remaining grounds will be depinned from the Accord plug and pinned into the CL pigtail.

Forgot to get the terminals for the inline fuses, so going back to Ace to get those after work.

WP_20150830_19_15_22_Pro.jpg

WP_20150830_19_55_06_Pro.jpg

The sedans had optional power seats on the passenger side. Coupes don't have the luxury for the need to be able to get in and out of the back seat.

I did not know that, thanks James! Luckily having an electric passenger seat won't be an issue for me since I never use the back seats.

Varnell

Reaction score

Stop and go traffic seems pretty rough on the J32 and I've found myself shifting from 2nd (3200 RPMs) to 4th often. I figures it's less stressful for the engine/transmission, too. Any thoughts?

james'99

Reaction score

I did not know that, thanks James! Luckily having an electric passenger seat won't be an issue for me since I never use the back seats.

Absolutely! My aunt has an '01 V6 EX-L sedan and when I saw that, I was thinking, "must be one of those V6 things." Haha! But then I put 2 and 2 together.

Looking great by the way!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Stop and go traffic seems pretty rough on the J32 and I've found myself shifting from 2nd (3200 RPMs) to 4th often. I figures it's less stressful for the engine/transmission, too. Any thoughts?

Hmm how so? Which motor mounts did you go with? In stop & go traffic I shift more around 2000-2500 and barely touch the gas.

I forgot who but a couple people told me once it's healther for the synchro's to always shift into every gear, I don't know how much if any water that holds but I'd at least shift into 3rd just to go through the motions when shifting from 2nd to 4th.

Absolutely! My aunt has an '01 V6 EX-L sedan and when I saw that, I was thinking, "must be one of those V6 things." Haha! But then I put 2 and 2 together.

Looking great by the way!

I guess that makes up for sedans not having gotten an OEM lip kit. :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Got the inline fuses ready to go, going to make sure it all works first then go back and put tape over the connections. These will run from the CL pigtail and get spliced into the Accord harness. Between this and the DIY harness FNCONE sent me that runs from the fusebox -> switches -> seats, things are basically ready to be plugged in. I'm excited.

temporary_30.jpg

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score

2000-2500 seems really low for shifting. Seems like it'd be extremely choppy.

I'll keep that in mind about the sychros. I went with the Innovative 70a mounts.

Back