What do you hate most about modern cars?

mraw112

Reaction score
There are very few cars that I would buy made after 2000. I think cars are becoming worse as time goes by. If you look at most cars today it seems all they do is get heavier and more complicated, and they make up for it with more displacement. You cant even find an economy car that weighs less that 2600 lbs. and then all you can get out of them is 35 mpg. Hell my neighbor in his tercel gets like 45mpg. And now they are coming out with these black boxes that monitor everything you do.

My least favorite thing about todays cars

-manual transmissions are now an option.
-ABS (teaches people how to break incorrectly)
-Alot of them are just getting uglier

Thoughts?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i don't mind technology...i do hate the cars getting bigger and bigger tho

civics are now bigger than accords used to be....then we hit another fuel crisis and they bring us the Fit...then proceed to make it bigger/more powerful every couple years....like...wtf...can't they keep them the same size or make them smaller...people buy the car that is the size they want...if they want a bigger car...make a different car that is biggeer and keep the current ones the same size...

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
I do like some of the new technology it makes them nicer but the design an size have gotten not to appealing, I dont think I would buy any car after 2006 maybe a little new but those are a select few cars.

mraw112

Reaction score
The only small cars I can think of being made to day is miata and the yaris. Most cars here would not even be able to fit on the road in many countries. I mostly hate suvs. I am so happy they are dying off. I hate seeing stay at home moms driving those things.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i hate that everything is electronic driven... i like the oldies when its just simple... engine radio... now there is passcodes to radios, imobilizers(which isnt so bad), and everything is controlled by a central computer... i want a carburated engine

thejameshimself

Reaction score
1) Bluetooth enabled - stop encouraging people to talk on the phone
2) Doors that close themselves - i don't get it
3) the all-mighty knob in the center of your console - it sucked on bmw's and it sucks on every other car
4) altezzas coming stock

mraw112

Reaction score
care to elaborate.

Besides the fact that stopping distance can be reduced with out engaging abs.
When the need arises for heavy breaking, a lot of people slam their foot on the brake as hard as they can, let abs kick in and stop or hit something. Does abs always work. No. The first accident I was involved in was on a divided hwy. I was waiting behind a car as a school bus dropped kids off. I got hit from behind because some lady didnt see that every one was stopped. I remember seeing all 4 wheels skidding towards me. her car was equipped with abs.

I just believe it makes people think all they should do is drop a brick on the brake pedal.

mraw112

Reaction score
1) Bluetooth enabled - stop encouraging people to talk on the phone
2) Doors that close themselves - i don't get it
3) the all-mighty knob in the center of your console - it sucked on bmw's and it sucks on every other car
4) altezzas coming stock

2)-My friend had a Cadillac that had a trunk that closed its self. It was the most annoying thing ever.
Also I have vans with power doors. Like the manual sliding doors were to hard to use? And you have to be in park to open them.

3) I drove a 7thgen accord around for a while and I hated that radio so much.
I also hate radios were you have to push a button to find a radio station. The dial is so much faster

Back