What'd you do to your accord today?

Drift

Reaction score
You're car has never looked rice. You probably have the most practical everyday daily driver street tuned performace ride on this site. Just curious how you knew the cable was in such bad shape? Curiousity lead to visual inspection? ..or just felt sloopy in the shifter?

Thanks man. Now my only mods are the LSD h22 tranny, Koni's, big sway bars, and V6 brakes.

I noticed something was wrong when I would go for 1st, and get 3rd. And if I were in 3rd, I could push the shifter over all the way to the left, where first is. Just a ton of slop in the shifter. Every time I drove it there was a lottery as to which gear I would get, 1st or 3rd. So driving around town, and not being able to jump out in front of people became dangerous.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
I had to swap out my shifter cables yesterday. The old ones had 214k very hard miles on them.

I went all the up and back to Vermont to go skiing on sunday knowing that they looked like this:

phonepics076.jpg

Even though this pic is a little blurry, you can kind of see that there was only like 5 threads left in the cable.

phonepics075.jpg

And the new ones:

phonepics074.jpg

I also put stock headlight back in. It looks so much better than the blacked out ones when I have the stock wheels one. The car looks completely stock now. Its nice not driving a riced out car any more.

how difficult is it to replace it?

Drift

Reaction score
how difficult is it to replace it?

On a 1-10 scare, 10 being the hardest, Id say about a 5. Not to bad. 3 bolts to remove the bracket from the tranny, 2 cotter pins on the linkage. 2 10mm bolts on the subframe bracket, and a couple more for the heat sheild. And then the interior stuff. The center console comes out, the the whole shifter assembly is right there. Took about 1.5hrs at a very slow pace.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
now was it fraying and thats why you replaced it or because the boot was failing?

Drift

Reaction score
now was it fraying and thats why you replaced it or because the boot was failing?

Both I guess. Im not sure which happened first, the fraying or the broken boot. I just know that once I saw that, I knew it was on borrowed time and replaced as fast as I could. But not without putting an additional 600 or so miles on it. I had to ski, ya know?

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
my boot seperated on mine, i just twisted some wire around the boot and it has been fine since then

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
changed out the primary 02 sensor with the denso one from Amazon. It fixed the P1166 & P1167 CEL code.

J30MAN

Reaction score
washed her as fast as i could because the soap was freezing over on me lol...stupid winter.

Back