New to forums

Wezabdill

Reaction score
Hello Everyone
I'm new to the forums. I live in Arkansas so there is not many people that I know of around here who drive 6th gen accord's. I wanted to say hi and get some info from fellow drivers. I have a 2000 Accord LX coupe with a 2.3 Vtec soul f23a1 motor Auto. My questions I have is more aftermarket and performance parts
What does everyone tend to use with coilovers?
What type of exhaust is a nice deep tone but not too overbearing?
I have mixed feelings I want to swap out my auto for a 5spd and have been told it would cheaper to buy another Accord instead of paying 1300 to have it done by a shop is this a good decision or should I find a different car?
I'm not looking for a 10 second track car but just something fun to drive would it be wise to put a turbo in my car inning low boost on my stock f23a1?
I apperciate anyone and everyone's help with these questions and look forward to learning a lot here.
Thanks

Accordx

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I have an 01 coupe ex 2.3l. Coilovers really depend on your budget, I've seen 6th gens run skunk2, kyb, tein and some other stuff. Exhaust wise I know someone who has a magnaflow cat back that sounds pretty good. The 5spd is definitely more reliable than the auto but could be expensive. Don't do a turbo if you're running auto transmission, if you swap to a 5spd go for it.

dawg316

Reaction score
welcome to the forums. for coilovers id sugest form and functions. i love mine
exhaust is up to what you like. i always prefer a custom exhaust over a bolt in one but thats just me

and yah its true, buy a stick shift accord is a much smarter and cheaper option then 5 speed swapping an auto

hope you learn alot from the forums

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I bought a 6th gen with some lowering springs and I'm happy. I don't race the thing and it will never see a track so coil overs are useless for me. And I don't care to slam the car. Some will say the struts will never last on lowering springs but mine seem to be fine. The stiffness is just right to handle great and it still has a very comfortable ride.

The only performance upgrade I have done is open up my air box by cutting out the lower half so its sucking air from everywhere below the filter. Don't care to buy an intake yet as I bought a bunch of cheap filters from RockAuto.

Mine is a 2.3 5sp and its fun to drive. Its my daily to work back. Don't expect a race car.

Wezabdill

Reaction score
Awesome Thanks all
I find myself in a contemplation. with having a 4 cyl and doing the exhaust system i was debating on doing dual exhaust with FI. so my contemplation is this and its just an opnion base. I was thinking either A) going single exhaust with a 3in or doing dual exhaust with a 2.5? opnions? i wanted dual but im worried about low end torque loss will the smaller diameter help or am i better off going single?

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Awesome Thanks all
I find myself in a contemplation. with having a 4 cyl and doing the exhaust system i was debating on doing dual exhaust with FI. so my contemplation is this and its just an opnion base. I was thinking either A) going single exhaust with a 3in or doing dual exhaust with a 2.5? opnions? i wanted dual but im worried about low end torque loss will the smaller diameter help or am i better off going single?

Welcome.
The stock system on an I4 is just under 2 inches. Magnaflow and others make a 2.25 inch cat back system for the I4. I'm thinking 3 inch would probably kill the lower end, and make it pretty loud at the same time. Going duals (like the V6 cars have), and it being piped with 2.5" might be the way to go if you're after a look or a particular sound. Keep in mind, it's shaped like a "T" in how it's routed under the car. Just my thought on it. You could also check the exhaust thread for more ideas, or if someone else is running that set up, and could give you feedback on it.

Wezabdill

Reaction score
awesome man I may go the T route. But will definitely check out the exhaust form thanks.

Back