FS: F23a4 part out

capsidx

Reaction score
Eh I might just buy a new one then. Or have mine sand blasted... Car would have to sit without a valve cover for a while though and that's no bueno for me. Selene does need a new valve cover though. We never did get all of the old valve cover gasket scraped out of the grooves, when we replaced that. It was cooked fast to the inside of the valve cover :|

Thats the only annoying part about the valve covers, that stupid groove that you cant really clean without a pick lol. CG6 valve covers are hard to find clean but I can tell you the h23 valve cover is even harder to find, even a wrecked one lol. The dealer doesnt carry it and there are almost never preludes in the yard. The paint honda uses on them is awesome though. Did you try checking majestic?

Enne

Reaction score
Only looked on eBay for used ones. I'll have to check out new ones online sometime. Got more pressing matters ATM though lol.

Accordx

Reaction score
Hmm I'd have to hold off for now, as much as I think the deal you're offering is fair I'd have to save up a few paychecks. Money is pretty tight when you're in high school working a low-paying job and you've got other things to pay for and not a lot of free time :shrug: also considering its the end of the holiday season and I just bought a whole passenger side door to work on haha. Sorry to waste your time, if it's still available later there's a high chance I could get it.

Also, Enne
May have a good valve cover from my f23 in a month or two (or whenever I have time to work on it) as I bought a pretty beat up one (so I didn't have to park my car for a few days) and plan on sanding it down and repainting it. The stock paint on mine is good, just needs to be cleaned. I'll try to keep you posted.

Enne

Reaction score
Also, Enne
May have a good valve cover from my f23 in a month or two (or whenever I have time to work on it) as I bought a pretty beat up one (so I didn't have to park my car for a few days) and plan on sanding it down and repainting it. The stock paint on mine is good, just needs to be cleaned. I'll try to keep you posted.
Is it the ULEV (green) valve cover? Mine is an A4 so I want that one. It doesn't have to be in perfect shape if I get a second one, because then I could have it refinished without letting the car sit with no cover. Doing the old one wouldn't be worth it I don't think, it's messed up because of that gasket. I want to get mine powder-coated or at least dipped... What color tho :shrug:

Accordx

Reaction score
Is it the ULEV (green) valve cover? Mine is an A4 so I want that one. It doesn't have to be in perfect shape if I get a second one, because then I could have it refinished without letting the car sit with no cover. Doing the old one wouldn't be worth it I don't think, it's messed up because of that gasket. I want to get mine powder-coated or at least dipped... What color tho :shrug:

Ah, sadly I've got an f23a1, sorry. I keep forgetting this thread is for the A4 not the A1. Luckily you may be able to find one for about 20 bucks at the junkyard off of an A4 possibly :shrug:

capsidx

Reaction score
Ah, sadly I've got an f23a1, sorry. I keep forgetting this thread is for the A4 not the A1. Luckily you may be able to find one for about 20 bucks at the junkyard off of an A4 possibly :shrug:

100% of the A4 items fit on the A1 lol. Also 100% of the parts I have are from a CG6. Looks like i'll be keeping most of them though. I understand a part out generally works if you have a lot of "go fast" parts as the other parts people really dont want used an I cant blame them. I don't mind having all these extra parts though because they help a lot in a pinch. But then again i'm swapping in another H23a1 so its kind of pointless for me to keep them. This whole paragraph is a contradiction lol.

Accordx

Reaction score
Yeah I know the parts fit but Enne wants the ULEV valve cover, I have the standard f23a1 cover. I'm glad you'll be holding onto these parts for a little because I'd like to get the headers when I have enough time/money for it to be a priority :waytogo:

capsidx

Reaction score
Yea let me know, I can hold them. Just sold my razer blade stealth to fix my car :darryl: . If this motor dies like the last one this cg is going to the junkyard lol. I don’t want to speculate too much on how the last motor died but I have a little over 3000 dollars into this cg and all it has is a full interior swap and an h23a3 with a full exhaust system and intake. Doesn’t sound like much at all if you ask me lol

Enne

Reaction score
Yeah I want the actual ULEV cover. Reasons idk.

If you ever junk your CG6 (even if it's 5 years from now lol) you should let me take a whack at it before dropping it off though... I want those seats... Not sure how they'd look with the light gray interior I have but still. Do you know if they have any gray leather interior cars at the place you got yours?

capsidx

Reaction score
Yeah I want the actual ULEV cover. Reasons idk.

If you ever junk your CG6 (even if it's 5 years from now lol) you should let me take a whack at it before dropping it off though... I want those seats... Not sure how they'd look with the light gray interior I have but still. Do you know if they have any gray leather interior cars at the place you got yours?

Are you talking about my seats? lol

Back