We are at war.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
meh, we have had a worse spam attack before and we survived

although, cody can you lower the report a post timer from 60 seconds to 30 please?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Also visible on the homepage:

Because of insane amounts of uncontrollable spam, new member registration is temporarily disabled

Quite simply, spammers are going crazy. The 6GA Staff have been banning hundreds of new accounts in the past few days, and trying to tidy up as many threads to keep the forums under control.

Even with preventative measures taken to try and ensure only real people are registering, Spammers are still showing up way too often. So for now, registration is disabled.

For REAL people who this may affect, we apologize for the inconvenience. If you are trying to register, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page to email the Admin for a manual registration. For the time being, we ask that any person hoping to join manually be able to provide the username of an existing member who referred them.

This morning its like a disaster. Cody, you should do like activation thing, like some other forums have done. What I mean is, once the user registers, he/she won't be able to use the forum unless it is accepted or somehow checked. Like a confirmation thing. I don't know if that is possible, but something like that should be done, so once they register, they won't be able to post threads right away.

Actually all of this has been happening in spite of captcha & email confirmation in place

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
only 2 legitimate threads left on the first page of the "off topic" forum :ugh:

ridicurous...

edit: wow, i hit "submit" and hit "home"...there's a muscle milk spammer even though new registrations are disabled...

TG_fuuuuu.gif

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
only 2 legitimate threads left on the first page of the "off topic" forum :ugh:

ridicurous...

edit: wow, i hit "submit" and hit "home"...there's a muscle milk spammer even though new registrations are disabled...

TG_fuuuuu.gif

prob a domant bot tht was activated

turbo_911

Reaction score
Nice, finally some space from them lol.

Btw even if they did send in the manual registration, how would you tell if he/she is a spammer or a real person? Do you check by IP or info the give?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back