Cutting your strut towers yay or nay?

Drew707

Reaction score
thanx guys for all the help and pics. what tool did u use to cut? a die grinder or something?

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Only do it if you're going to go the extra mile and do it right. MoneyPit's setup is one of the cleanest I've seen for the CG.

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Agreed for moneypit. Im not going to do this til I decide that even stiffer springs wont help with a strut bar

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
You'll still tap with stiffer springs. When I get the time and the paint I'm doing something similar to money pits

Drew707

Reaction score
Only do it if you're going to go the extra mile and do it right. MoneyPit's setup is one of the cleanest I've seen for the CG.

doing it right meaning getting custom welds and fabrication done to it? main reason y i want to do this is my balljoints on my uca are shot im guessing the uca hitting on the strut tower caused it.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
doing it right meaning getting custom welds and fabrication done to it? main reason y i want to do this is my balljoints on my uca are shot im guessing the uca hitting on the strut tower caused it.
Yes, welding a box to keep things structurally sound and also to keep crap out of your engine bay.

Back