DetailedByPrecision:Paint Correction Ceramic Paint Coating SanFrancisco AutoDetailing

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: DetailedByPrecision: High End Detailing, Paint Correction& Paint Coating. SF Bay

2014 Toyota Camry

A little background story on this car. A good friend of mine went to Ikea to purchase some stuff. He said he misjudged the cement parking poles and went around it too close and side swiped his right rear door and quarter panel. He does not plan on bringing the car into a shop to get it repaired so he asked me if I could do anything. I inspected the paint and told him not to get your hopes up, but I will do my best. Well... I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking for me now...

Car condition on arrival

DetailedByPrecision0297 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision0304 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Started working on half of the door.

*Process:

Harbor freight DA w/ 3" Meg MF pad & Meg 101 compound @ speed 4.5

DetailedByPrecision0316 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Knowing this car was bought brand new and no previous signs of respray, the paint had healthy readings ranging from 90-130 microns.

DetailedByPrecision0315 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Same section zoomed in. Only left with one scratch that I did not chase.

DetailedByPrecision0349 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Now I am left with the left side which have deeper scratches to remove/level

DetailedByPrecision0360 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

After using the same technique as above, I am left with the deeper marks.

DetailedByPrecision0373 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Whole shot of door

DetailedByPrecision0384 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Although it is a huge improvement compared to before, I knew there were still room for improvement.

*Process:

Damp sanded with 2500 grit then refined with 3000 grit

DetailedByPrecision0404 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

After compounding, ended up with this

DetailedByPrecision0407 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

I took some readings, and made a decision to chase a little bit more with the scratches so I damp sanded again with the same process.

DetailedByPrecision0435 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Another round of compounding, and I end up with a result that will pass my standards.

DetailedByPrecision0442 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Because of my decision to chase the scratches, I had to sacrifice some clear to reach my goal.

DetailedByPrecision0431 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Couple pics of the door all finished up. I still need to refine the paint with polish.

DetailedByPrecision0452 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision0457 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Starting point for quarter panel. I got a little lucky here because after I looked a little closer it seemed the clear film protected the paint underneath.

DetailedByPrecision0463 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

After the film was removed, what do you know.... only a scuff where the dent is at. Pretty lucky IMO here

DetailedByPrecision0483 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Afterwards I moved on to the damaged area. I took some readings, and I knew I had to damp sand from the get go. Went with the same process as before 2500, and 3000. Compounded, and ended up removing 3 microns along with the majority of the damage.

DetailedByPrecision0486 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision0490 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision0493 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

A shot of the overall condition of the paint atm. A few scuffs left as expected due to more severe damage in this area.

DetailedByPrecision0494 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision0501 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

I was pretty happy with the outcome already compared to how bad it was before, but I wanted to push the results a little bit further, so I sanded a little bit more carefully using 2500 and 3000 grit.

DetailedByPrecision0514 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

The final results of my fruits and labor. A total of 6 microns were removed to achieve this correction.

DetailedByPrecision0513 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

The after shots

DetailedByPrecision0547 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision0552 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: DetailedByPrecision: High End Detailing, Paint Correction& Paint Coating. SF Bay

Nice, I'm sure that guy will be thrilled. So when you remove a few microns of clearcoat by chasing the scratches, can you mask off the rest of the car and spray more clear to get back to full thickness? Or is it more complicated than that.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Nice, I'm sure that guy will be thrilled. So when you remove a few microns of clearcoat by chasing the scratches, can you mask off the rest of the car and spray more clear to get back to full thickness? Or is it more complicated than that.

+1 ^ Interested in seeing your opinion Lemmy, how does that work if more is added, or does it even work? Fantastic result.. Gives true meaning to: 'That'll buff out!' :).

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

+1 ^ Interested in seeing your opinion Lemmy, how does that work if more is added, or does it even work? Fantastic result.. Gives true meaning to: 'That'll buff out!' :).

Thanks Chris and Nikita. The clearcoat I was working on is the original clearcoat from the factory. I removed a substantial amount of the original clearcoat to achieve the results you currently see. If any damage were to occur again in the same spot, I cannot perform any polishing work on it because there simply isn't enough clearcoat to safely perform anymore work on it before I go through the paint and burn it.

To address the question, yes, it is possible to just spray a layer of clearcoat onto it, but it's not the proper way. The proper way would be scuffing it with sandpaper to level it then spray a layer of clearcoat onto it like how a body shop would approach it. But when you scuff the original clearcoat to help the new layer of clearcoat to adhere, you are now working on the aftermarket layer of clear for future polishing work, not the original anymore. Therefore, the original clear won't really be replaced but renewed with an aftermarket layer of clear.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: DetailedByPrecision: High End Auto Detailing, Paint Correction, Coatings. SF Bay

DetailedByPrecision: 2016 Golf R New Car Prep & Protection Service. Owner is a detailing enthusiast. San Francisco Auto Detailing

This customer found me on Yelp and sent me a message about his newly acquired 2016 Golf R. He wanted to make it look better than when he accepted the car from the dealer. I sent a message back and we talked on the phone a bit to discuss about what can be done/will be done to it to meet his expectations. During our conversation, I got a good feel that he was not your typical car owner who drives from point a to point b. He was a detailing enthusiast as well who also details and takes care of his own cars. Not to mention he has some of the products I use as well and is familiar with the current new products from the auto detailing industry. After our conversation, I had him come in for an estimate so we can further discuss the game plan for his car. When I met Paul in person he asked very specific questions regarding products/processes, but not only that he also wanted to know my opinion about controversial topics within the detailing industry as well. I went over the car with Paul and we settled on the new car prep & protection service which includes wash, decon, clay, polish to swirl free finish, and settled upon a paint sealant instead of a paint coating. Paul dropped off his car on the day of the appointment and off he went anticipating the results of the outcome.

Started off with exhaust tips, and wheels (applied hydro for protection), wash, decon, claybar.

DetailedByPrecision3631 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3632 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3612 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3613 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3614 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3623 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3636 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3633 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Paul also provided me with some goodies to play with. Claybar was some of the stuff he provided

DetailedByPrecision3639 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3640 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

After the decon the true defects revealed itself. One of Paul's concerns were waterspots on the roof. I also found waterspots covering the whole hood as well. I used Carpro Spotless to chemically remove them. Worked really well.

DetailedByPrecision3651 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3659 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Waterspots gone

DetailedByPrecision3662 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Random scuffs and scratches here and there

DetailedByPrecision3653 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3658 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Paint was on the harder side but really easy to work with and finished down incredibly easy. Used D300, Menz 203, G21, 3inch DA

DetailedByPrecision3669 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

But before polishing the car I did some pre polishing detective work and took some paint readings first. Most of the car was from high 80s-low 100s microns, but some areas were in low 70s and I marked them as a reminder. Mostly both sides of hood, and both top sides of quarter panels above both windows.

DetailedByPrecision3650 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3648 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3649 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Went around the whole car including the soft black mirrors and pillars. D300, Menz203, Essence

DetailedByPrecision3675 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3676 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3673 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3674 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Found a severe etching on the edge of the rear bumper. Had to wetsand with 2500 grit

DetailedByPrecision3677 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3678 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3680 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Finished pics of the car completed

DetailedByPrecision3683 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecison370 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3698 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3699 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3697 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

DetailedByPrecision3694 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing guys. Appreciate and feedback or questions or comments. Customer was happy with the outcome and complimented it looked better than new.
Total time: 20hrs.
What I learned from this job:
Gloss black wheels hide dirt really well. Need to keep recleaning until absolutely sure it's clean
Gloss black pillars will always be a pain even if you think you got a system down for it
the gloss black accents on the rear hatch, gloss black rear diffuser, and underneath spoiler took longer than expected polishing by hand

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: DetailedByPrecision:paint Correction Ceramic Paint Coating SanFrancisco AutoDetai

DetailedByPrecision My 1999 Honda Accord Paint Correction Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisco

Bought this car 4 years ago with my own hard earned money which also took 6 months to find online. Its a sedan 5mt stick shift which is rare and its been running strong with basic maintenance. I still get compliments on it every now and then while cruising San Francisco on a nice day after a wash of course. Feels good that a 20 year old car that's basically a grocery getter can still hold some respect. As expected paintwork was on the softer side and cleaned up really nice after 2 step paint correction process. Protected with ceramic coating for long term protection.

Washed w/Meg Hyperwash
Decon w/iron x and Meg claybar
wetsand w/ 1500,2500 grit on isolated scratches
Paint Correction w/D300 w/mf pad, Menz203 w/LC white pad
Ceramic Coating w/Carpro CquartZ

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1763 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1768 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1776 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1739 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1897 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1899 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1944 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1949 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1974 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision2000 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Final shots all cleaned up

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1823 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1822 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision1966 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thanks for taking the time to show support by checking out my work, leaving a comment, or asking questions.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: DetailedByPrecision:paint Correction Ceramic Paint Coating SanFrancisco AutoDetai

DetailedByPrecision 2013 BMW 328i Paint Enhancement Full Interior detail Auto Detailing San Francisco

This customer contacted me to prepare his car for sale. Prior contacting me he listed the car online to try to sell it but he said there were absolutely no offers or interest. When I met the customer in person for an inspection/estimate, he said the car was parked outside 24/7 and just wanted the paint to shine again. After some brief conversation, we chose the enhancement package which includes wash, decontaminate, paint cleaner, sealant. As well as a full interior detail to make it look equally as good as the exterior. Primary focus for the interior were the leather seats, and getting rid of the odor with an ozone generator because of cigarettes/smoke smell.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision3874 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision383880 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision3907 (2) by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision3907 (1) by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision3911 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision3912 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision3913 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Finished pics

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision3947 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision383955 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision383959 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision3939 (2) by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision3839 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision36 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision383974 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision383970 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thanks for taking the time to show support by checking out my work, leaving a comment, or asking questions.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

DetailedByPrecision Very clean and low mileage 2004 Acura TL Paint Correction CquartZ Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisco

Customer found me online and wanted to know if the original Opti Coat ceramic coating that was applied to the car couple years ago was still intact or not. He drove up to San Francisco from Redwood City so we can take a look at the car together in person. After seeing the car in person and talking to him I can tell he takes great care of his car. Not just low mileage for the age, but the paintwork and body was clean. I explained to him the characteristics of a coating during initial application, the maintenance required in between washes to upkeep it, and to determine if there were any protection left or not. Because it's been a couple of years, some swirls and scratches were accumulated so he wanted to get the paintwork dialed in with paint correction, apply CquartZ ceramic coating, glass coating for exterior glass, and headlight restoration to fix the previous detailer attempt.

1000,1500,3000, Optimum Opti Lens for protection

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4064 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4071 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4113 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

M101, Menz203, Carpro Essence for correction

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4075 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4079 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4081 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4087 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4095 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4096 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4099 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4101 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4102 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4104 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4106 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4110 0 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4110 9 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4112 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4121 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4118 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

DetailedByPrecision 2012 Prius C Fixing Lots of Deep Scratches to sell. Paint Correction Ceramic Auto Detailing San Francisco

Met this older lady in person after our phone call discussing about fixing lots of very deep scratches on multiple panels on her 2012 toyota prius C. She wanted it to look as good as possible to prepare it for sale. After inspecting it in person and explaining to her some different options, we agreed on a 2 step paint correction and touch up on areas that could not be saved by wet sanding.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4168 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4177 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4178 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4180 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4179 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

2000 & 3000 grit wetsand. M101 compound Menz203 polish Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4181 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4182 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4187 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4188 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4191 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4193 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4196 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4198 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4200 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4202 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4203 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4204 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4205 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4207 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4208 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4209 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Finished pics

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4211 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4212 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thank you for taking the time to view my work.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

2017 Porsche Macan Paint Correction, Ceramic Coating, Trim Coating, Glass Coating

This customer bought the car brand new after his car was totaled and paid out by insurance. He is a car enthusiast that wanted the best protection for his new car. White is a really hard color to inspect depending on a lot of situations/scenarios. Upon meeting him I could already tell some areas needed some extra attention, which included, the black trims, the B pillars, the headlights and tail lights. The paintwork required a 2 step paint correction along with some light wetsanding for deeper scratches. For protection, we applied a ceramic coating to the glass, trim, paintwork.

Cleaned wheels and topped with mck37 hydro, wash, iron x, clay

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4310 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4321 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4315 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4319 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

M101 mf and orange pad, Menz203 white, Essence white

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4323 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4326 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4334 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4336 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4339 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4340 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4341 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4343 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Finished pics

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4344 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4350 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4351 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Customer was very happy with the end result. This was his first time paying a professional detailer to detail his cars so expectations were high to begin with. He comes back every couple months to refresh the coating so I know he will take good care of it. Thanks for taking the time to view my work.

Back